2.5 v6 tdi

Greeny_25

Reaction score
hey all im new here n to owning an audi
i have a 1999 A4 B% avant with the 2.5 V6 TDI. im looking at tuning this engine ive looked about the internet an not really found any info on this.
i ahve found a few! compaines that swill remap it but that about it? any help guys, on what i can get out of this engine an what companies are best
thanks!!

May be an unpopular viewpoint here, but I'd leave it alone. You already have a torquemeister with good economy and plenty of mid-range grunt.

Save money and/or spend on suspension/wheels to make a back-roads weapon.

Just my take on it.

if you have the earlier 150hp version i think the rotary pump limits the power available to 180-190 or the 180 version to 200/210
chip, de cat, disable egr etc

audinary, thanks for ur reply. yeah it is torquey for sure but nuthin is ever enough lol some remaps ive seen take up to near 400 ftlbs which would be nice!! and yeah defo a good idea for the susp and some wheels been looking around at wheel but undecided at the mo, on one which ones

and olds kool. thanks for ur reply. thats no good about the pump is there any companies that you know of that supply uprated ones?? or maybe i could get one of another car or audi with a bigger engine...

also i guess i could up turbo pressure once i get past the fuel pump problem, or get uprated turbos, mm:uhm:

A recon pump, to remove the problem area and a remap would net you good gains with little loses. Any more power than that and its head work, custom turbos, larger nozzles, etc etc

ok mate thank you, ive not had diesels b4 so tuning these is all new to me :)

ok nice one cheers i will check out that site.
and when you say nozzles u mean injectors?

well nozzles are in the end of the injectors. You'd remove the injector, fit the uprated nozzle to it and refit the injector