2.5 V6 Pump repair

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Guy in work got a PFL 2.5 V6 and the fuel pump has died.
The error code suggests its the ECU thing on top of the fuel pump.

Does anyone know what the repair is for these pumps?

'Send it away to The Guy and get it fixed'

:yes:

It is actually the best answer Scott.

Diesel Bob is 'The Guy'. You can remove the ECU and get it fixed - if that's the fault - but there are mechanicals as well.

Send the lot to Bob and he will test it and repair/replace as required. Costs will vary between a lot and loads - but IMHO it is the best plan.

I am shocked buy your answer Aragorn!!

Me asking the above question is no different to anyone else asking how to fix anything on their car. Your response to all questions now should be "Give it to a garage and get them to fix it" or "Give it to a electrician and get them to fix it".

What is the difference between the above and people asking how to fix their ABS fault, wheel bearing, boost issue or water leak??!?!

Yes Scott, it's only the ECU at fault - now.

There will be wear in the rest of the pump too.
The advance solenoid is known to stick, and I believe Bob will also generally upload the latest software to your ECU.

There are also a load of other internal mechanical adjustments and replacements that he checks and sorts - hence the variation in price.
You can take off the ECU (GIYF) and send it away - but it's still not cheap and invariably you will find something else goes further down the line.

I'm sure I had some form of CMM on the pump put up on another forum I could try and find it if you want.
Some things really are worth sending away - much as I hate to say it!

Reactions: ScottD3
Mate brought the ECU in from the pump and it looks the same as the ABS unit.
Sod trying to sold that again. lol

He's sending it off to DB soon.
see what happens.
He's just bought a Civic so will be selling his 98 2.5 TDI Quattro is anyone wants it. :p