2.5 TDI confusion and availability

marlow77

Reaction score
I've been stalking ebay for about a year looking at these things and am confused as to why like one in a hundred only seem to have the double exhaust protruding from a decent rear bumper. I'm sure a certain model comes standard like this but finding which one seems impossible. There were two red sports/quattros/s-lines not sure what they were called, with the perfect bodykits that looked as though they were that way as standard, with exhaust cut outs in the rear, they both were decent miles and went for under £2500!! One was lady owner. That was like a year ago and since then there's been ZERO red ones like that, and virtually zero of any colour with decent bumper with exhaust cut outs. So I'm thinking I'm gonna have to convert a lesser model to look that way myself if I want one of these cars.

How easy/expensive is it to do (I've googled bodykits for them and nothing comes up with ones that look the same as those seemingly standard red ones I saw...)
and btw what's the difference between the 163bhp and the 180bhp motors? As they all like totally identical. cheers

It's the Sport model with factory fitted GMBH kit that you're after. You won't find GMBH kits coming up for sale very often, & when they do they are expensive. Red Sport GMBH's are pretty thin on the ground.
Not sure if difference between 163 & 180 models is just down to tuning or different engines, but other than that the available options are pretty much the same.
Many more 1.9 tdi's 130's around which have the uber reliable PD engines, & cheaper to run & maintain, which can be remapped to give more power..

oh right thanks. So you'd think then that those versions would've gone for alot more than £2500 considering I'm seeing standard models for more than that and with more miles too.

I want a V6 for sure, can get a great sound from them that sounds totally petrol I believe.

My V6 180 has the twin downpipes (not the ones you want), so it's not the 163 v 180 difference.

Why Audi thought my exhaust was a good idea I'll never know -the rest of car is great

The Quattros are 180bhp.My last one Mauritius blue Avant had the twin exhausts but current one doesnt .Good ones are rare cos they cost a lot new and the extras so much more.This one is auto has heated leather Xenons power mirrors all of which I would rather have than the twins

Reactions: Mothy69
My 163 has twin exhausts but they were hidden behind the bumper. I just cut the curved down bit off and welded on some tips and cut the valence

As above, either 163Bhp and Quattro had twin exhaust however I would hold and get a Quattro... It's much more rewarding to drive. Throw a few grand at it and you can reach 300 Bhp without having to worry how to put the power on the road...

I have this for sale, it's not a GmbH car but it's 180Bhp with twin stainless steel exhaust tips from Powerflow ! Drop me a pm if interested. Very high spec: heated front and rear recaro leather seats, cruise control, DIS/ trip computer, 4x electric windows (not all had them), powerful stereo/Bose, alloy wheels, uprated brakes and much more...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92