2.4 V6 Exhaust options/sound clips?

Shunteruk

Reaction score
Hi all, have done some searching and on YouTube but can't seem to find much in the way of exhaust options and any sound clips for the 2.4 V6.

I know I've kinda got the runt of the litter in engines as tuners go for the 1.8t and cruisers go for the 3.0 V6 but as I was given the car I can't complain about what I've got to start with.

Basically I love the sound of the car but it's just that little bit too quiet. I'm not after anything offensive or chasing power figures, just something to slightly amplify the lovely V6 purr.

So does anyone have any sound clips of anything aftermarket or custom made please?

Do I have the only one in the world? Haha!

It does seem you have the only one lol. I'd just get either a custom exhaust and tell the shop making it what you want, or go for a resonated miltek as that won't be too loud.

I'm going down the custom route on my s4, as my v8 needs more sound. Not sure what I want, thinking of something like a valvetronic backbox, but I know it would be expensive, and well, I'm just not too sure what I want lol

Reactions: DrStrange
Thanks for the reply. So far those are the only two options I've seen but was hoping someone might have some sound clips of the Miltek as I wouldn't want to fork out all that money for me not to like it.

I think it might have to be the custom route which is ironically a lot cheaper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Matt by a mile. There are custom shops that will gladly build you an exhaust. Lifetime guarantee and cheaper! Cant argue with that.

My mate has a 2.4 but a saloon..however no difference in noise.

Under hard pull and put into sport mode, the V6 awakes. If you went custom and got a de-cat, non resonated and then slim line back box, this will surely sound great.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Agree with Matt by a mile. There are custom shops that will gladly build you an exhaust. Lifetime guarantee and cheaper! Cant argue with that.

My mate has a 2.4 but a saloon..however no difference in noise.

Under hard pull and put into sport mode, the V6 awakes. If you went custom and got a de-cat, non resonated and then slim line back box, this will surely sound great.

Hope this helps.

He doesn't want it too loud, doc. Just a bit more sound (like me and my v8). A decatted non res would be loud!! :grinning:

As said though, just speak to a zorst shop, they'll help you out and get it how you want.

Oops my bad, got ahead of myself!

My proposed set up, would be quite loud.

:p

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Well I'm on the fence now to be honest. At the moment it's my daily so I don't want it too intrusive, but once my new lease car arrives it'll be my weekend toy so then I think I'll like it louder.

I think I'll hold off until the lease car arrives and then decide :-D

Reactions: DrStrange
Good idea. In my opinion, its not as loud as people think. But of course that is subjective. :)

Yea my friend had an MG ZS V6 and he had the same setup as you stated above (decat, non res and slimline backboxes) and it sounded like an F1 car! I loved it!

But as it was his daily he had some resonator boxes put in after a few weeks as it was too loud

I'd love to heard a clip of that. Imagine it would be NICE!

Well, In which case I would suggest being safe and going for the resonated version.

Remove them in future *if* you get bored haha