2.0tfsi valve cover replacement

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
The valve cover replacement is on the horizon as the leak is gradually getting worse. Looking into it the actual gasket is readily available but it seems that the procedure requires the bolts to be changed as they also have there own little o rings. Issue is i can't find the bolts/o rings anywhere or even a part number, not even on the online parts catalogue either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Tbh, unless they're stretch, reuse them, subject to condition, the torque shouldn't be that high to affect reuse.

I've reused bolts numerous times on my car without issues, its just vag advisory to protect there butt, in 99% of uses, too avoid any, unlikely bolt snaps.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and Charlie Farley
I re-used mine and no issues at all Alex.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Tbh, unless they're stretch, reuse them, subject to condition, the torque shouldn't be that high to affect reuse.

I've reused bolts numerous times on my car without issues, its just vag advisory to protect there butt, in 99% of uses, too avoid any, unlikely bolt snaps.
Normally i would just replace them but i have noticed that a few of the little wells where the bolts sit have some oily residue in them as well the weeping from the main gasket. So maybe thats the bolts o rings?

when i changed mine first time round there was oil in all sorts of places, needless to say a new gasket solved all of them, this is what the old gasket was like, just totally had it.

IMG 0650

Ate the O rings on the bolts replaceable?
I thought that but can't find the bolt o rings anywhere. Theres a kit on ebay that come with the gasket and new valve cover and the required bolts but I'd rather just change the gaskets if im honest

Just replacing the gasket will hopefully cure all the leaky bits, they do not really last that long either to be honest.

Just replacing the gasket will hopefully cure all the leaky bits, they do not really last that long either to be honest.

Sounds like a plan I'll give it a go, any recommendations on which brand to go for? Im thinking either TPS or febi Bilstein

I also reused mine, only one of them had problems when torqued to spec, but some years later still not a single seepage to be seen!

Enviado do meu SM-G781B através do Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantAlexB7