2.0tfsi special edition project

So....its been a while since ive posted on my build thread and long story short the little b7 is staying with me :) she is making it through the utter ***** weather this year and as a treat to her I've ordered a carbon fibre boot spoiler, rear diffuser and maxton design side skirt extensions.

Ill be blending the diffuser into the rear bumper panel to give it an oem look and not stand out to much especially as that part is gloss black on my car anyway.

When the weather gets a bit better ill be giving her a full body mop and wax ready for the summer.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
So....its been a while since ive posted on my build thread and long story short the little b7 is staying with me :) she is making it through the utter ***** weather this year and as a treat to her I've ordered a carbon fibre boot spoiler, rear diffuser and maxton design side skirt extensions.

Ill be blending the diffuser into the rear bumper panel to give it an oem look and not stand out to much especially as that part is gloss black on my car anyway.
:icon thumright::yes:

When the weather gets a bit better ill be giving her a full body mop and wax ready for the summer.

You know it makes sense Ricky, show the old car some TLC and you will reap the benefits.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Carbon fibre spoiler arrived today not fitted yet just placed on for a test fitment and it fits perfect
I wasn't going for a carbon fibre theme on this car but the spoiler was just to cheap to say no to and with the gloss black rear diffuser and side skirt extensions should all tie in nicely.
46F04989 5C38 4939 9679 D1D977B16C8B

Carbon fibre spoiler arrived today not fitted yet just placed on for a test fitment and it fits perfect
I wasn't going for a carbon fibre theme on this car but the spoiler was just to cheap to say no to and with the gloss black rear diffuser and side skirt extensions should all tie in nicely.View attachment 195614

Looks like a nice subtle nod to the Dtm b7s, i like it! Im not a fan of the all gloos black or carbon theme but each to his own, im looking forward to seeing your rear diffuser fitted too

Looks like a nice subtle nod to the Dtm b7s, i like it! Im not a fan of the all gloos black or carbon theme but each to his own, im looking forward to seeing your rear diffuser fitted too
Thanks alex and its funny you say that i was on the dtm thread this morning and didn’t realise that the spoiler is identical from what i can tell, and the diffuser once I'm finished with it will look similar albeit a couple more fins so by time its all done it will look like a slight nod to the dtm which was by accident lol i promise lol

Thanks alex and its funny you say that i was on the dtm thread this morning and didn’t realise that the spoiler is identical from what i can tell, and the diffuser once I'm finished with it will look similar albeit a couple more fins so by time its all done it will look like a slight nod to the dtm which was by accident lol i promise lol

A mod is a mod, lol!

I would love a dtm front bumper, but its availability thats the issue, unless there still available from tps.

A mod is a mod, lol!

I would love a dtm front bumper, but its availability thats the issue, unless there still available from tps.

You wouldn't like the new price Alex, bonkers money by the time you had all the bits.
A few for sale on ebay.de though, I had one ages ago and sold it stupidy..that's life.

I wasn't going for a carbon fibre theme on this car but the spoiler was just to cheap to say no to and with the gloss black rear diffuser and side skirt extensions should all tie in nicely.View attachment 195614
I think i'd have changed the colour of the boot / bumper cover to black so it all blended in , but personal choice again.
looking good Ricky.

You wouldn't like the new price Alex, bonkers money by the time you had all the bits.
A few for sale on ebay.de though, I had one ages ago and sold it stupidy..that's life.

I could get one a little cheaper, but thats a perk of the motortrade ofcourse

Yep , but add up all the bits inc the carbon splitter, vents etc ontop of the bumper and a new non s-line grill and its going to be a lot.

Mrs was saying about the satin strip Rob saying it looked odd and I'm in two minds with the spoiler, badge, diffuser and exhaust all being black i thought it might stand out to much being black so I’m toying with the idea of colour coding it not 100% sure yet, at the minute it does match the trims around the window ect but it definitely wont be staying that way for long.

Yeah i do like the dtm bumpers Alex but like Rob said its big money and taking that into count i don't like it that much lol at a guess id be surprised if you get any change out of a grand with everything you need, on the flip side i like the s line bumper ill be tackling that soon on my car and making it a bit of a one off i think :)

If you look on ebay.de you'll see a DTM bumper with an RS4 grille etc , its been modified to fit but looks good.
He's had it for sale for ages , I was interested but he wouldn't ship it so went with a new item from the states.

It comes with the harder to find options of PDC and headlamp wash on a DTM bumper, still not cheap for a modified used item.
Another classic case of seller thinking these are worth more than gold bars, I don't think so.

Yeah to overpriced for me rather keep my perfectly fine s line bumper and cheap lip spoiler for that amount lol

Quick update:

Should be fitting the boot spoiler and side skirt extensions tomorrow (fingers crossed) and ill be taking the car to the unit i did the full repaint in on Saturday and make this rear diffuser/fit it so ill post pics as i go would like to fit it all at once to get the full effect but should all be done by Saturday evening.

Ive fitted the side skirt extensions, carbon spoiler and the rear diffuser today but it got to dark to really see any of it in a picture.

I've glued the diffuser on and currently being held in with screws until it drys fully then i can remove the screws and smooth it all in on Saturday, overall it looks great for something so cheap! It curves a bit to much really but aslong as you line it up good you can find a happy medium and it really don't look bad at all even with the way it looks now (think being black it hides the lines so its not so obvious that its just screwed on at the minute).

As for the maxton side skirt extensions the fitment was decent and add to the aggressive look the front splitter gives one small problem though! Ive got gloss back side skirts and gloss black rear diffuser but the plastic textured front lip, Damn it! So ill have to order a new front lip and paint it gloss black as my one has seen better days.

Anyway ill take some pics Saturday after its done and washed :)

will keep an eye out for some pics then Ricky.:yes:

Half tempting with going all out and getting the wide bolt on arches....have some thinking to do will definitely need some power upgrades as well before i pull off that look i think lol

The rear diffuser is in the oven baking after being painted gloss black along with some parts for the mrs zafira vxr project thing i got going on lol.

heres how it looked on the oem panel after i glued it in place ready for blending.
151F38A5 298B 4771 9C71 0F17C5474876

8EC98CFC 7838 4863 8CCE 759E942117D7

All bonded, filled and sanded.
831C2D65 81F3 42FF BF73 DE3EF9E3D313

DFAD36B0 BBFA 42F3 8F1C F34372B546C2

Primed basically ready for paint.
FDE6CAAE 11A4 44E3 B4BA 58588EAE56C8

And finally painted and once dry ready to go on the car.
A2965CE8 8321 4270 8FFF F295FB6060F9

8E8890F1 333A 45C6 88F0 8DF5723D37EF

Overall I'm happy with it :)

Reactions: Dan_Avant and Rob Avant
All done with the carbon spoiler and side skirts fitted sorry about the dirty car i didnt have time to wash it, thats tomorrows job :)

49606D68 3102 44A5 874A 7F42A96FCA1A

2D6F3FBF BA59 4F23 A4B3 FA2F948962A2

E5E8503B 2279 4923 AC43 7AFD3E6C120A

BAC10A17 9E3E 4D8E 9CC7 B04265E36A06

Personally i love it and definitely makes the back end look more purposeful.....just need some power to go with the look now :)

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Bobbytea, Stu_b7 and 1 other person
what offset are they Ricky as they look very similar to oem et43 offset from the angle of pic.

Looks mega that does, id be all over that if it wasn't for having the damn towbar

Thank you mate it’s definitely changed the back end, yeah shame about your towbar it would of been an easy thing for you to do being in the trade.
It would be yeah, how much was it? I might take a punt on one and give it a go, could do with one that has offset fins with out one in the centre, i could perhaps get away with it then...

It would be yeah, how much was it? I might take a punt on one and give it a go, could do with one that has offset fins with out one in the centre, i could perhaps get away with it then...
£10! Lol @Stuart Bennett gave me the link to it as I originally seen it on his car after contemplating getting a universal one but i could only find them for 3-4 times that price.

If you blend it all in like i did I'm sure you can modify it to suit you or even cut the middle fin out completely and set it back or forward, alot more work but for a tenner you cant go wrong tbh, plus side us your not paying like £200 to have it done for you lol.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Wow that looks better then mine now ha ha haven’t got those skills tho!!
Great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm just going to pick up where i left it in the stage 2 thread as id like to keep everything I'm doing in here for my own personal log as well :)

Quick recap I've ordered the 034 high flow cat, ecs tuning induction kit and the airtec fmic in black with black piping and the red rtech logo just so people know there’s something happening under the bonnet and just to remind myself theres a flipping expensive intercooler hidden behind the bumper :icon thumright:

The fmic says its 2-3 weeks delivery so looks like I've got a bit of waiting to do now.

Ill keep people updated when bits arrive.

Looks well smart now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some goodies turned up today :)

D9F1DDA4 AFA5 46E9 92E9 27DBC6CC237F

A28D046E 98DA 4520 BB70 64D1F4F2CE51

Cant believe the size of that pipe on the high flow! Looking forward to having that beast fitted.

Reactions: Bobbytea, Charlie Farley and Stu_b7