2.0TFSI Exhaust Help

danrst171

Reaction score
I'm looking at the cheapest way to improve exhaust flow on a 2005 2.0TFSI. Is it worth spending about £1k on a full turbo back kit or can you see similar gains from just a sport cat and a downpipe? If so, which ones do you recommend? Ideally I don't want to break the bank (not what the project is about).

Thanks in advance.

The big restrictor is the standard downpipe and factory cat.

So this is the economical thing to change. I have a BCS 3.5” downpipe on my S3 and recently we fitted a Trackslag 3.5” downpipe to my son’s TT. No fitting problems with good clearance.

Any suggestions where to look? I'm trying eBay but nothing 2nd hand on there at the moment. Thinking black Friday deals could help with cost potentially.

Also, will a downpipe for an S3 fit on a 2.0 tfsi quattro, assuming years match?

Also, will a downpipe for an S3 fit on a 2.0 tfsi quattro, assuming years match?
Yes, according to Milltek. Both the 2.0 TFSI quattro and the S3 take the same Milltek downpipe SSXAU200.

https://www.millteksport.com/stainl...s-ctalysts-for-milltek-cat-back-ssxau200.html

I had the SSXAU200R (which is the racecat version) on my 2.0 TFSI quattro with no issues. The Milltek won't work with a standard cat back though - it needs a 2.75 inch system to connect to, so if you wanted to mate up to the standard catback you'd need to look at the BCS cat referred to by @prt57 .

Last edited:
Yes, according to Milltek. Both the 2.0 TFSI quattro and the S3 take the same Milltek downpipe SSXAU200.

https://www.millteksport.com/stainl...s-ctalysts-for-milltek-cat-back-ssxau200.html

I had the SSXAU200R (which is the racecat version) on my 2.0 TFSI quattro with no issues. The Milltek won't work with a standard cat back though - it needs a 2.75 inch system to connect to, so if you wanted to mate up to the standard catback you'd need to look at the BCS cat referred to by @prt57 .
Hey bud,I'm getting a 3" (76Mm) Deccated downpipe from the turbo right back to the resonator(back box) installed tomorrow on my A3 8p 2.0Tfsi...When you installed your one did it have cat foolers on them? Did it throw any codes? Check engine light etc? Reason I'm asking is cause the new one I'm installing doesn't have cat coolers on them.

The milltek has holes for the lambada sensors.

if you don’t code them out you will get a fault code.

Hey bud,I'm getting a 3" (76Mm) Deccated downpipe from the turbo right back to the resonator(back box) installed tomorrow on my A3 8p 2.0Tfsi...When you installed your one did it have cat foolers on them? Did it throw any codes? Check engine light etc? Reason I'm asking is cause the new one I'm installing doesn't have cat coolers on them.

As above: ran a stage 2 remap which dealt with any potential error lights.