2.0tfsi avant quattro exhausts

Mothy69

in gear but clutch slipping
Reaction score
mines popped tonight. Sounds like the mid section is blown. I havent looked underneath yet, but considering cat back stainless steel replacement system.

what exhausts are you all using? have you any links / cost of replacement system.

I would be happy for a bit more noise than the standard system :flushed:

Best plan would be a custom catback , most non-res can be annoying with the drone so go res but with some slightly louder back boxes.
cost is these days, around the £600 for anything half decent, well depending on your location of course.

Milteks are over priced for what they are , lots of other brands around too.

I've got one on my b8 that's made by Infinity Exhausts based in Bristol...very happy with it.
Or I had a Jetex system on an old mk1 Octy VRS that I used to own and that was also very good with just the right amount of burble.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I’m quite fond of my old over priced Miltek. You might see some deals on them next month what with Black Friday and all that. Definitely go for resonated if you don’t want cabin drone.

I don’t understand these sports exhausts that seem to constantly back fire and make loads of loud banging noises on the overrun, they just seem excessively loud and annoying. It’s probably just me getting old :blahblah1:

Isn't the ridiculous pop's and bangs intentional over fueling within a remap? Always makes me smile when I hear it as surely prolonged over fueling to that extent Isn't good for the engine...

I think it is done within a remap.
There is a right muppet that comes past our house at 6.00 am in the morning popping and banging like its the new way to drive, everyday as well , then at 11.30 in the evening he's going past like a bat out of hell popping and banging....i don't go to bed before 11.30 pm so its a pain but i filter it out, but at the crack of dawn....just not cricket frankly.
One day I'm going to go out there and park my car across the road, stop him and have words in his ears.
I bet his neighbours love him to bits when he's outbound and inbound.

rob .

Hide in the hedge with a mannequin and throw it into the road just as he's blatting down the road... :grin:

Considering the age of our cars and mines one of the newest I really don't see any point in fitting anything fancy. Anything stainless is undoubtedly going to outlive the car many times over and doesn't make economic sense.
My centre box is looking a bit tired, but not completely blown.
Patched up with Gun Gum, it passed its MOT, but I have purchased a Cat back system off Fleabay, as insurance, for £50, the system had done less miles than mine and is in better nick.
It'll do mine until she dies.