2.0tfsi air intake

Philip_98

Reaction score
Afternoon guys havnt posted in a while but i was wondering if anyone had any other options regarding Induction systems for the 2.0tfsi?

I cant justify paying for an apr kit and i cant seem to find any more options online. Any help would be much appriciated :)

Cheers
Philip

Pipercross panel filter is all you need!

The only option is to buy a K&N Induction Kit. You can't buy these from K&N UK and you will have to order from the US. I have one and it makes a lovely noise!!!

Are they not about £350 as well?

How much we talking from U.S? I had a look and can only see them saying they fit LHD only?

If it's an induction kit then it doesn't matter what drive side it is .. but a panel filter will still do the trick.. only 2 or 3 hp in it anyways.. but if its the sound you want then go for a typhoon setup.. but for the money really not worth the money buddy

Away to start making my own including heat shield at the weekend :)

I have literally just bought a K&N cone filter on eBay to make my own as the apr kit is just too much money for a Yorkshire man, I'm not doing it for any gains whatsoever as I know there prob won't be any but I love the sound they make that is the only reason for doing this. I have spent the last 2 hours googling and haven't come up with anything except all the 4 cylinder engines have the same intake and the maf shouldn't be effected but it is wise to make/buy some sort of heat shield. Look forward to seeing how you make this happen.

Ye I'm the same, just want it for be noise haha. I've got a cts filter and ordered some stainless steel plate that I'll be making the shield from at the weekend...unfortunately my I take hose won't be here for another 4 weeks :( I can't seem to find anything online either but what I'm planning on doing is looking at the k&n typhoon kit as a rough guide for the shield

From what I have found most put straight in to the maf as its 3" but I'd rather. It have it so close to the engine so some kind of pipe/hose is needed to move closer to the wing, should imagine it will take some doing so will be trying direct in to the maf to see if it makes enough of a difference to go to the trouble.

Ye I'm the same...just going I be a bit of trial and error until I have it right :)

Reactions: SI-W85
K&M stating that the typhoon is for LHD doesn't matter at all! It makes a lovely noise and is a hell of a lot cheaper to buy from US and pay customs charges than buy in UK (if you can get it!).