2.0TDI PD170 S-Line 56 Reg Full Leather..........But NO HEATED SEATS or Do I??

Indie_DSG

Reaction score
Hi All,

If you ordered a FULL Leather option with your car from new, on a PD170 Top Spec S-Line, would you really over look Heated Seats???

Yes, you've guessed it........... I'm gutted my car has no heated seats....Or does it?

I have full S-Line Leather so I'm assuming the heat pads in the chairs are already there? How can I check this?

Once I confirm if I have them, how hard is it going to be to get the buggers working???

Any advise people!

I have full leathers no heated seats, Dont think you will have heat pads in them some how dude.

Hi All,

If you ordered a FULL Leather option with your car from new, on a PD170 Top Spec S-Line, would you really over look Heated Seats???

Yes, you've guessed it........... I'm gutted my car has no heated seats....Or does it?

I have full S-Line Leather so I'm assuming the heat pads in the chairs are already there? How can I check this?

Once I confirm if I have them, how hard is it going to be to get the buggers working???

Any advise people!

I am 99% sure that there are no heated pads there to start with on non heated seat cars, it would be un economical to include parts that werent needed. Also audi would offer a retrofit most likely if the pads were in every seat, and they most definatley don't. I asked my main dealer on the price of heated seats just because I was curious and it was mad.

Your best bet is to do what I did, eBay your current interior, find a replacement with elements and swap them. I have a cloth set that you can have for cheap if you want while u look? The looms can be bought from Kufatec then all you need is the climate panel which can be found on eBay for about £50ish. Total cost to me after selling my old seats was about £100 parts only! I fitted myself.

Joe

I also have full nappa leather and no heating, someone was stupid when ordering the car... :D

I have a 56 plate 2.0l (200BHP) S-Line Black edition with full leather option, and guess what........................................................................................yup, whoever specced it from new was too tight to pay out £250 extra for heated seats. It's was the only bad point when buying it. Some people are just plain silly.

DEF WILL NOT HAVE THE PADS OR THE LOOM TO THE SEATS. CHECK OUT THIS GUY. www.[B]heated-seats[/B].co.uk. HE IS REASONABLE AND DOES A BRILLIANT JOB. DID SOME FOR ME A FEW YEARS BACK ON MY OLD A4 QUATTRO AVANT.

I have a 56 plate 2.0l (200BHP) S-Line Black edition with full leather option, and guess what........................................................................................yup, whoever specced it from new was too tight to pay out £250 extra for heated seats. It's was the only bad point when buying it. Some people are just plain silly.

Yup... we've done just that several times.... £250 is dead money and missus hates heated seats anyway so not silly at all...... ;-0

I have ordered full leather and left off the heated seats as both the wife and I don't like them...so money saved in my opinion.

I was persuaded to stick with standard part leather for BE order as my wife moans about cold leather (I have in my car with heated seats).. old 8P had free full leather and previous 8P had Leather and Alcantara which we didn't rate much...

The S-Line Special Edition (2006/7) came with full leather as standard I think. That might explain why people wouldn't pay for heated seats - because they'd got the leathers for free and may not even have paid extra for those if they had to!

Personally, I'd say that heated seats are very rare and not worth hanging around for.