2.0TDI Diesel Recall (emissions) - anyone had it done yet?

s-hnd77

Reaction score
Apologies if I have cross-posted, but the reason why I recently joined the forum was to ask if anyone with the 2.0TDI has responded to the recall to get rid of the emissions cheating software.

Got the letter from Audi a few weeks ago, and I've shied away from putting the car in to get it done, because I've heard conflicting reports from people who have said they have noticed no difference in performance, whilst others have. Has anyone here taken the plunge yet, and if so has there been any issues?

Last edited:
As above, there are hundreds of threads on this very subject plotted around the Internet. Do a search.

Had my done on Saturday at Leicester.
They said I need to sign a disclaimer if I wish to refuse as the car was in for a service and software needed update.
I didnt have to have the update but when the disclaimer came out I thought Are they saying I will have to pay if it does become law next year having refused.
So Ive had It done and the engine is noisy in comparison to before .
Not been on a good run yet or tested mpg

Done mine Monday and I can tell if there s a difference on power output or mpg..the car just pulls nice and smooth..I've refused it three times but I'll do a remap on the car soon enough so it s better for me.

Done mine Monday and I can tell if there s a difference on power output or mpg..the car just pulls nice and smooth..I've refused it three times but I'll do a remap on the car soon enough so it s better for me.
So Adi can you notice a difference? From before update to after update?

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

So Adi can you notice a difference? From before update to after update?

Hi Mark so again yesterday drove it for 16-17 miles on mixed roads up to fourth gear no problems or differences what so ever. For 136 bhp the car still pulls good smooth and I still can t say that it was somehow affected by the re soft. Adi

Reactions: feva
Hi Mark so again yesterday drove it for 16-17 miles on mixed roads up to fourth gear no problems or differences what so ever. For 136 bhp the car still pulls good smooth and I still can t say that it was somehow affected by the re soft. Adi
Cheers Adi mines in Tuesday. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: IRONy_MAN
add mine done about 6 weeks back can't tell no difference at all on 177 bhp on the up side got a goodie bag from audi tho

Reactions: IRONy_MAN and feva