2.0tdi common problems ?

boytrigg

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the b7 section currently got a b6 that will be getting sold soon as possible just wonder I'm wanting to get a b7 2.0 tdi sline 170 preferably I would like to no know what the common problems are I've heard a few things but just unsure if it's all true injectors oil pumps and porus heads ? the one I'm planning is a 56 plate any info would be very nice

Look at the sticky section above!
If its got the multitronic gearbox do a google then go and buy something else, some people have no problems, others have been stung 3/4 K
Ebay audi A4 spare repair always one for sale with knackered multitronic gearbox!
Im no audi expert, but if you spend a month on here and read every new post you soon get the pattern
2.0t petrol multiple problems and crap mpg
2.0 TDI even more problems that are even more expensive to fix, good mpg
2.7/3.0TDI loads of power really good engine, damn good mpg only things seem to be injectors and manifold flaps
Multitronic terrible thing avoid like the plague
S tronic proper auto pretty bullet proof

So to sum it up what you need is a 3.0 tdi quattro auto, with tidy miles.

Look at the sticky section above!
If its got the multitronic gearbox do a google then go and buy something else, some people have no problems, others have been stung 3/4 K
Ebay audi A4 spare repair always one for sale with knackered multitronic gearbox!
Im no audi expert, but if you spend a month on here and read every new post you soon get the pattern
2.0t petrol multiple problems and crap mpg
2.0 TDI even more problems that are even more expensive to fix, good mpg
2.7/3.0TDI loads of power really good engine, damn good mpg only things seem to be injectors and manifold flaps
Multitronic terrible thing avoid like the plague
S tronic proper auto pretty bullet proof

So to sum it up what you need is a 3.0 tdi quattro auto, with tidy miles.

Or a 1.9 tdi ..................

Or a 1.9 tdi ..................

This, if you can't stretch to a 3.0TDi. The 1.9TDi is the nearest thing there is to an unbreakable engine. Find one that's been looked after properly, continue to do the same, and it may well outlive you.

Paul, sorry forgot about that one, and I was only recommended one to a bloke at work yesterday!

I only wish I had been recommended one five years past when i bought my 2.0tdi thinking it was the better engine .....