2.0T Special Edition, creaky brakes

kev-s

Reaction score
So my 2.0T Special Edition had new discs and pads in the spring

All has been fine up until this week until the following started to happen

When i apply the brakes at low speed or pump the pedal when stationary i can hear a creaking noise, its coming from outside the car, It's like a creaky spring kinda sound

Ive had the car up in the air, wheels off and checked all the caliper bolts etc.. removed the pads and checked all was ok

Any ideas on what it could be? only other thing i think it could be is the connection from the pedal to the master cylinder

did you check the springs ? both my rear springs were broken on my A4 - our A3 lost 2 front springs in cold weather and a top mount went too all caused various creaks.....

We had the same problem with ours (same car too) only on one side, passenger rear when applying the brake at slow speed. Was at the garage last night, turns out the wheel bearing had gone, had that replaced and all is good, no creaking/spring sound.

Cheers guys but this is clearly coming from the drivers side front caliper when the brake is applied when stationary, nothing to do with the suspension or wheel bearings

Ive removed the guide pins, cleaned them up and greased them which has helped a little but still have some noise, next job is to check the caliper's pistons and give them a general good clean up