2.0T Q or 3.2Q ??

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
Am thinking of getting a new A3. Haven't decided yet whether to go 3drs again or whether to get a Sportback but I am certain it has to be either of the two fast quattro options.

So is the 3.2 really worth the extra over the 2.0T?? Ok so it's a six-cylinder and normally aspirated rather than being a turbo four, but the new 2.0T has had rave reviews as an engine and isn't really looking to be a great deal slower.

Has anyone got any direct experience of the two to comment?

I don't anyone who's test driven the 2.0TQ but it should be quite good.
I had an astra 2.0l Turbo of 200bhp (obviously not quattro) and now have the 3.2 so will tell you what I think:
I am not sure you can very easly compare the 2 cars. I mean they are very different type of engine so is their caracteristic.
The V6 has a wonderfull growl and there is this feeling that the power is there all the time
The 2.0T should give you a nice kick in the butt that you wont have with the V6. The mpg will be better in the 2.0TQ. I've had 24.5mpg with the V6 for the last 8 months whereas the Astra gave me around 32mpg. so with the loss through quattro you should get around 30mpg on the 2.0TQ
Facts (maybe?) on the power. The V6 will not feel much quicker if at all but it will definitely be quicker.
That is: cars from stock.
If you intend to modify your car then you will get more power increase for the money on the 2.0TQ as any mod for over real 20bhp on the V6 is way over £1k.
I mean it is really down to what you want out of the car. For one I don't want to go back to 4 cylinders even if the 4 cylinders would be quicker. That growl and torque just got me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Personally I'd go for the 2.0T, I think there's a fair bit more in that engine than 200bhp esp with turbo upgrades etc.

This for me would be a difficult choice. My mate has just got the 3.2 V6, and i have driven it....and i love the engine!! The noise is just fantastic!!!

However....although the engine in my S3 doesnt sound as good..(1.8T), it has more tuning potential and is slighty more powerfull now that i have had it chipped, and the feel of it is nice too.

I suppose i would have to drive the 2.0T to compare it properly.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My ideal choice would be a 3.2 V6 Bi T !!!!!

I WISH!!!...maybe in the RS3????

Hmmm..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I would go for the V6 . I have the V6 and an A4 1.8Turbo (190) which is very good and although the new turbo will be the FSI engine, you cant beat that V6 sound and torque.

Mods wise, if u want to chip then its turbo all the time but the 4 pot will sound harsher when pushed .

Personally I dont like the DSG so I went for the manual and its great fun either way.

I'll just add that I did not know I loved V6s until I'd driven one.
But I can understand that people don't like how it reacts.
Regarding options think about body kits. It does a lot to the car even though it is expensive. Audi one is nice but you also have other tuners like oettinger, caractere etc. that offers some nice mods
Do a search you'll have plenty of info from other threads