2.0T FWD remaps - anyone done this?

Hi Razza1,

We can offer you Phase 1 software on your car for £362.25inc vat, this also includes a 30% discount off the RRP, i would also recommend fitting a new DV as the TFSI ones seem to fail loosing valuble boost.

I should have my 2.0TFSI Special Edition done then i could have given you some real good feed back regarding wheel spin, at the moment i only find that it spins in 1st higher up the rev range, i would have mapped it if i drove it, its my family bus and the wifes car although i paid for it.....:crying:

Regards

Nino

I would love to but would never get the keys off the wife, she would kill me...lol

Regards

Nino

I'd be interested in getting my B7 A4 2.0T quattro remapped, I've only had it a couple of days but 200bhp soon becomes too little in a labrador lugging estate.

Do you cover the Preston area (Lancashire) and could you do me the same price as you offered razza?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike/Razza,

Why don't you both get yourselves down to GTI International as we are offering a 40% discount instead of 30% so price will be £310.50inc vat and you will also get to run the strip for free....

Regards

Nino

GTI INTERNATIONAL......Please Google for directions...This Weekend @ Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds 27/28 June.

We are sponsering the drag strip there and doing software on the day at 40% Discount off the RRP

Regards

Nino

Yes I have done my B7 avant its a front driver and 1st gear can be a problem. Mine was mapped by pendal performance cost about £300 the guys name is Martin and very pleased with the results he says gains are about 240 - 250 ish power delivery is very smooth with lots of low down grunt very rarely need to rev the engine out.
The car demand to be run on good fuel since remap runs terrible on cheap stuff and is seems to have a slight miss fire when colkd in the morning but it is due a service so this could be the plugs runs fine when by the time the engine gets a little warmth in it. Also seems to use more oil than when it was std but this just needs checking on a regular basis but I would say this should be done on a std motor anyway.
Well worth doing car struggles with stock 200bhp if you ask me this is how Audi should have manufactured the car stock !

Thanks for the details, helps get an idea of someone that's done it, wonder whether it helps that you're an avant and therefore heavier....will it spin easier on the saloon? Was tempted to get a free trial on the revo, but heard that then screws up the port for other maps if you wanted them...and the revo's more expensive and more limited as thinking about the ST3's

Possible but wouldnt have thought the extra weight would have made that much difference but having said that I have never looked what is the weight difference ? Anyway avant is fast - saloon will be faster still so get it done lol !
If I was going to do it again I would buy a blue fin price has dropped and seems to be getting a good reputation with added bonus of removing the map should you need to. Revo are good but expensive I think !?!

Gonna get mine done by ChipNSpin (Chipped UK franchise) at the end of September..for £250 its gotta be worth a go...

Hello S-Line Wales.
Would be very interested to know how you get on with remap? £250 for 250BHP sounds pretty good to me! Hope it runs OK and what the effect on fuel consumption is?!
2.0T FSI Quattro is crying out for another 50bhp.......

As you have a quattro I wouldnt hesitate in going for a remap..I only pondered as my car is front wheel drive, Im counting the days till I get it done TBH..people Ive spoken to are very happy with the improvements made by remapping the 2.0t engine. Why not book yourself in for the 26th with us..as I said...for £250 notes its worth a shot..

All I can say is do it! I got my mine done at Jabbasport and was blown away. Not only are these guys very knowledgeable but also the nicest people ever! They diagnosed a fault with the standard DV and had an uprated, genuine Audi part in stock! That's what these guys are all about, quality!
Now for the car.....it's like they put a different engine in! It pulls so hard now, smooth, effortless power! Fuel economy is roughly the same when light footed but honestly, screw fuel economy, get a diesel if this is your main concern because you'll have a barrel load of laughs wasting imprezers, boxsters, ST's, Type R's, the odd VXR! I raced my mate in his S3 before and got wasted now I'm faster than him in my estate!
All I can say is go for a quality remap over a cheap 1 claiming 260bhp. Jabbasport quote 240-250bhp on a stage 1 map but his is conservative as mine in above this! Bare in mind the Dump valve modification as I saw how the old diaphram 1 failed the new 1 is a piston type replacement for the sake of £40 from Audi themselves!
Do it my friend, it's unbelievable!!

is yours FWD? how's the wheel spin?

The wheel spin isn't too bad. In a straight line in the dry it will wheelspin in first abit but is fine other than that. If you give it stick round corners it will spin the inside wheel but it does shift now. One thng I have learnt is but the best Tyres you can afford. Just changed mine and it made a difference. I had the Dunlop sport maxx on then changed to the sp sport which is not quite as soft. I tracked day'd at Silverstone and found they get too hot and melt. Must be the size of it. I passed some more exotic macinery on track and desroyed my brakes. Another part I've uprated with great success!

The wheel spin isn't too bad. In a straight line in the dry it will wheelspin in first abit but is fine other than that. If you give it stick round corners it will spin the inside wheel but it does shift now. One thng I have learnt is but the best Tyres you can afford. Just changed mine and it made a difference. I had the Dunlop sport maxx on then changed to the sp sport which is not quite as soft. I tracked day'd at Silverstone and found they get too hot and melt. Must be the size of it. I passed some more exotic macinery on track and desroyed my brakes. Another part I've uprated with great success!

The pic in my sig is a diesel by the way. Lol

I had my Octy vRS Revo stage 1 avec Forge DV and fuel pump mod...reckon it was good for around 260bhp...however I went through 2 sets of front tyres in 5mths!!

Fact of the matter is, you want to have more than 200bhp under ya right foot - get a limited slip diff or a Quattro (pref the later)

Ah what do I know...I'm only jealous as I roll around in a boring TDI...christ I miss my TFSI :haha:

I had my Octy vRS Revo stage 1 avec Forge DV and fuel pump mod...reckon it was good for around 260bhp...however I went through 2 sets of front tyres in 5mths!!

Fact of the matter is, you want to have more than 200bhp under ya right foot - get a limited slip diff or a Quattro (pref the later)

Ah what do I know...I'm only jealous as I roll around in a boring TDI...christ I miss my TFSI :haha:

I bet you don't miss the fuel costs though! Lol ****** car is terrible for it. I went from A4 diesel to TFSI, was abit of a shock to the wallet...oh well, only young once lol