2.0 TFSI, With/Without Quattro and DSG

MrSma

Reaction score
Well I'm selling up soon and been looking at the market to see if there was anything I liked and decided that it's the 2.0TFSI model I want however that's a lot of power and torque for a front well drive and is it going to be even worse with a remap so I'm almost certain I want the Quattro system here but just wanting to know if there is any problems. From reading up I see the DSG can be quite a personal thing to if you like it or not but I'm wondering what's common faults with them and what do you think of it or do you wish you had went for it.

I'm going to have a very hard time finding the model I want because so far it's a
2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro 3 Door DSG
That's not even the worse part.. the worst part is I'm from Northern Ireland.

Having recently purchased a '10 2.0T Quattro BE with DSG I would say go for DSG too.

As a whole power train package it's awesome.

Foot down and forget about it. Works really well.

Ok, if you have driven manuals for a long time, it can take some adjusting of your driving style. But soon you probably wouldn't want to go back.

I would take quattro over DSG, but thats just me. I upgraded from a little 1.8T Polo which was great asside from a lack of traction and stiff suspension to try to get more of the power down.

Each to their own, I like to own the shifts, I can totally understand why people dont want a clutch. The DSG would be faster.

I vout for quattro and DSG combo. You want regret it.

If you haven't tried dsg yet then I suggest you give it a go.I have driven manual cars for 20 years and once I took my current car (2.0 tfsi quattro dsg black edition)for a test drive I was very impressed and bought the car...I will not go back to a manual car again.Try it you won't be disappointed....

A DSG changes like a manual, so when you want to go semi auto and have some fun without the clutch pedal, I have DSG and have to say I love it, you can just cruise around without a care or whack it into sport for for later gear changes, flick the gear stick left and you go semi auto via gear-sick or the paddle shifts on steering wheel :rock:and don't forget about launch control, left foot on brake pedal, whack it into sport, turn off ESP, foot flat on accelerator pedal and revs rise to 2500 rpm and stay there, release brake and go go go :busted cop:.
Ive got a stage 1 mapped 2.0 tfsi S-Line on around the 240 bhp mark and puts power down really well, I don't drive like an idiot in the wet so quattro not as important to me, also trying to find one with DSG high spec and right mileage may be difficult.

I've got both, one dsg and one manual. Got to say DSG is excellent for commuting, very nice in traffic etc. Although for me nothing beats a manual for pure driving pleasure

Have you had any problems with it ? Is yours just 2wd ?

No issues if it's looked after (oil changes every 40,000 miles) and just amazing changes

Those that claim it isn't as involving as manual I think haven't experienced it properly

Mine feels like it has a probe plugged into my brain and when I think "could do with a gear here" bam, I get it lol

Yes it's 2wd

No issues if it's looked after (oil changes every 40,000 miles) and just amazing changes

Those that claim it isn't as involving as manual I think haven't experienced it properly

Mine feels like it has a probe plugged into my brain and when I think "could do with a gear here" bam, I get it lol

Yes it's 2wd

What do you think about putting the power down to the 2 wheels ? Are you standarded ? I like the sound of it tbh,

Also the DSG (S-Tronic) only came out in 2008my cars with quattro.

That could be why it's so hard then.

Reactions: audismart
What do you think about putting the power down to the 2 wheels ? Are you standarded ? I like the sound of it tbh,

Yes my car is standard. The power isn't the problem it's the torque

In wet weather with rubbish tyres I use to get traction control cutting in, with my vred ultrac vorti that hasn't happened...

The haldex 4 wheel drive system on the Audi A3`s isn't a permanent 4wd system like in the the A4, it only kicks in when the front wheels loose grip.
I have tons of torque in my 240bhp 2.0Tfsi and driven under control in the wet it pulls like a train, even a 4wd drive car driven like a idiot wont get much traction in the wet, but will be better than a fwd. As Sayam says with good tyres, not much of a problem and they all have ESP to keep it all under control.
I had a rover 620ti 200bhp fwd back in the day and that was a nightmare in the wet as it had no ESP, but driven under control wasn't a problem.
Driving is a skill and fun to learn and every car has its quirks, two different drivers in the same car and one is always going to faster than the other, purely down to skill.
Simples. :racer:

+1 for DSG. I'd always driven manuals up to three years ago, then went for a DSG. I considered a 2.0 Quattro, but went for an older, cheaper, but thirstier 3.2 V6 with the DSG and flappy paddles. No regrets, except when I fill it up. But thankfully I don't have to do many miles commuting.