2.0 TFSi Stage 1 Shark Dyno results

Mcdubber1

Reaction score
Well I took my car along to a rolling road day on Saturday and I was very pleased with the results to say the least.

Mods are

Shark stage 1 remap
Forge FMIC
Forge DV
Modified airbox

The results were 304.9 bhp and 322.7 ft lbs of torque. I'm over the moon with the results, I was only really expecting around the 270 bhp mark so 305 bhp was a shock!

It was previously dyno'd before and after the intercoller change but that was on differnt rollers. Standard power was 209 bhp and with the new intercoller it made 222 bhp, can't remember the torque figures though.

Here's a picture of the graph, hopefully you can make it out ok.

Superb. Seems close to what i got on my REVO Stage 1 remap. I only have the map and nothing else. These engines seem to take a map really well. I was also shocked at the 248 BHP stock figure i had.

Reactions: Mcdubber1
Yeah your stock figure is damn good and your post remap torque figure is very impressive.

One thing about the Revo though is that if your car was running around the manufacturers figures as standard then you would'nt be anywhere near their claims of 305 bhp! It seems that maybe their claims are a bit far fetched after all but I'm sure you're not too bothered:yahoo:

Yeah your stock figure is damn good and your post remap torque figure is very impressive.

One thing about the Revo though is that if your car was running around the manufacturers figures as standard then you would'nt be anywhere near their claims of 305 bhp! It seems that maybe their claims are a bit far fetched after all but I'm sure you're not too bothered:yahoo:

Spot on! Happy as !!!,!,! I thought the same about the stock figure. Maybe they are all good as stock.

Yes, the B8's make good power Stock :)

Rick

If they make good power stock and mine was roughly the same as Riggs stock at 248 Bhp then before i found the Revo Remap i saw was going to get the 245 BHP remap. If i was going to get the 245 BHP remap then would it just be the same as it were stock ?

The remap would give you over and above what you already have whether it be stock power or more than stock.

Ahh so if mine was 211 BHP stock and it is an increase for a remap to 245 BHP of 34 Bhp. If i had 245 BHP stock it would still add another 34 BHP on top of the 245 BHP ?

I take it your not on about my stock power? Mine made 209 bhp which is bang on, remember 211 refers to PS (whatever that is?) not BHP which is a little less than than the PS figure.

I don't get how one engine can be 209 and another 245. Manufacturing tolerances simply won't give that variation.

Well I took my car along to a rolling road day on Saturday and I was very pleased with the results to say the least.

Mods are

Shark stage 1 remap
Forge FMIC
Forge DV
Modified airbox

The results were 304.9 bhp and 322.7 ft lbs of torque. I'm over the moon with the results, I was only really expecting around the 270 bhp mark so 305 bhp was a shock!

It was previously dyno'd before and after the intercoller change but that was on differnt rollers. Standard power was 209 bhp and with the new intercoller it made 222 bhp, can't remember the torque figures though.

Here's a picture of the graph, hopefully you can make it out ok.

I always say to my customers....'You wont be disappointed' and voila here's another. Glad your still liking it Si. :thumbsup:

Superb. Seems close to what i got on my REVO Stage 1 remap. I only have the map and nothing else. These engines seem to take a map really well. I was also shocked at the 248 BHP stock figure i had.

hang on - Dynamiks have a 208BHP as stock, how'd you figure 248??

I figure 248 because thats what the dyno said. It has also been stated by a number of tuners that the that the 2.0 TFSI can be a good engine in stock form. Mine showed 248 on a dastek dyno in stock form and 297 on the mode 2 stage 1 REVO remap. There is bound to be discussion re. dyno figures, real life figures at wheel horse power, drive train losses etc BUT I am happy with how the car feels. Strong through the entire rev range and better fuel economy when i take it easy (ish). I was getting 43 mpg on a gentle!!! 64 mile run in mixed conditions (town and A road) but generally i am now achieving circa mid to high 30's.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
well i'm no expert but i'm pretty sure my Dynamik's not 248, that would seem a world apart from the 208 she's supposed to have.
i also can't understand why one Dynamik would eb so radically different - to the tune of over 20% - to another.

"One thing about the Revo though is that if your car was running around the manufacturers figures as standard then you would'nt be anywhere near their claims of 305 bhp!"
this appears to be the ongoing argument w/ the Revo map.

As far as i am concerned regardless of what the figures are my car goes like stink and is way better than stock now with the remap.whether it was 208 or 248 and is now 300 or 297 or whatever, I am happy and in my book thats a winner. :arco:

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
No point getting into a 'figures war' as I've seen it and heard it sooo many times.....my maps better than yours blah blah blah. All tuners maps are slightly different...Revo more powerful lower down, Shark very smooth and progressive over entire rev band, APR very similar to Revo etc etc. As long as the owner is happy with it and they get what they pay for then everyones a winner. There's no real out-right winner when it comes to maps............you select it by what you want from it.

Reactions: Mcdubber1 and Audi Dynamik
No point getting into a 'figures war' as I've seen it and heard it sooo many times.....my maps better than yours blah blah blah. All tuners maps are slightly different...Revo more powerful lower down, Shark very smooth and progressive over entire rev band, APR very similar to Revo etc etc. As long as the owner is happy with it and they get what they pay for then everyones a winner. There's no real out-right winner when it comes to maps............you select it by what you want from it.

+1 :salute:

I take it your not on about my stock power? Mine made 209 bhp which is bang on, remember 211 refers to PS (whatever that is?) not BHP which is a little less than than the PS figure.

'Some car manufacturers still quote a power output rating called PS, which stands for Pferdestärke (literally, 'horse strength'). It's alternatively known as DIN (Deutsches Institut für Normung ) hp as opposed to SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) bhp.
PS is a slightly higher figure than the SAE bhp that we quote, so that's where the discrepancy creeps in.'

Yep i will go with that :) all i know is that i have had the a passenger stop-watch the car on the speedo many of times on a quiet straight piece of road before and after the remap.
I know a stopwatch isnt 100% accurate but it gives you a rough idea of what your talking about

Before the remap i got around 6.5 to 6.7 0-60
And now i get 5.4 to 5.6 (Mainly 5.5) 0-60
And the torque has massively increased and it feels so much a better car to drive.
Best £500 i have spent IMHO.

Mark, I was really surprised and also very happy with the results that were achieved, I've been meaning to post it up on your Facebook page for you to see but just forgot. Well chuffed:arco:

The fuel economy is actually good aswell, I tend to floor it quite a bit when I drive it because I don't drive it that much, the wife uses it mostly but on a 40 mile trip without any heavy acceleration I achieved over 44mpg on the DIS at speeds mainly between 70 - 80, pretty good I'd say?

Yeah I know mate I see the A4 parked up at Straiton quite a lot. Glad your still happy with it and proves that the scepticals can be wrong if you dont have a RR.

Shark Performance took their MK6 Golf GTI (350bhp) to R-Tech for Independant verification for power with all the mods they did to it (afew sceptics out there weren't convinced) and what did it show..................just slightly over 350bhp........:salute:

".you select it by what you want from it."

doesn't seem that easy for a noob like me, i want good acceleration and hopefully better mileage but for every remap you google there's good threads and nightmare threads. i liked the sound of the Revo, but the APR allows you to change maps through the cruise buttons. This Shark stuff sounds good, and i'm not sure about Unicorn, there was gonig to be an offer on here a while ago but there was never any info/stats supplied as far as i recall.

To end this - lets all meet up with 2.0TFSI of different levels, so 200hp, 230hp, 240hp, 265hp

NO ENGINE MODIFICATION - SOFTWARE ONLY

And see what happens..

Brodster fuelling very good in this image btw :happy:

You understand 'BTS', nice control there.