2.0 TFSI Known Oil Consumption problem - 2015 ongoing thread (2009-2011 models)

I had the chrome pipes changed too. Think they would have been £60. You should get most things refunded mate...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
It is known that the petrol 180/211bhp A4/5/Q5 can use very excessive amounts of oil (but apparently excessive is above 0.5 litres per 1000 km as per handbook, or 621 miles by my previous consumption test). Now is the time to get this known problem sorted! Eventually the excessive oil consumption will foul the spark plugs leading to misfires, normally misfiring on cylinder 2. If you are experiencing this heavy oil burning either carry on as if you own an oil field or get it fixed now....

There have been numerous advertised fixes but it will only be cured by the figment of new piston rings. Forget a PCV and software update, the car needs 20 hours Audi labour to rebuild the engine. An easy way to diagnose apart from marrying an oil sheiks daughter is to check ur exhaust tips. If their black and you remember it's not a TDI you know it's a problem!

Audi are slowly admitting by ways of their 'Goodwill' contribution and paying the lot. Normally it's around £5-6k for the rebuild, however you may need full service history.

Also Audi US North America lost a law suit against this problem!

Please feel free to reply if you own any of these great engines exhibiting this oil consumption dilemma! Once fixed IT is a fantastic high performance engine!!! There's plenty of us who have had and are going through this repair. Just look at crazy fools previous thread on the B8 A4 platform. This will be a watchdog/quiet recall very soon...... And will not be going away!

Audi do review these threads! If you have the above problem, please comment and let's get the Audi springs recoiling further.....

Hi, Im new to this platform but I have an 2011 Audi 2011, 2.0TFSI Quatro Dynamik, 37850 miles. To say that my car drinks oil more than Oliver Reed or Paul Gascoigne is an understatement!!! I was a tad dubious about the oil consumption of my new car as after suffering numerous "top ups" as per the MMI, I decided to take it to my trusted technician. First thing he noted that it was almost out of oil, which was incredulous as id just filled up the week before as the warning light had come on and id only done about 357 miles So he agreed to service it, which included replacing the crap oil that Audi had put in that was supposed to be "long life"; WHICH IT WASNT!!!!! and countless other items. The most worrying thing was that was the previous service had noted a "fouling" of cylinder 2 spark plug and failure of the injector, which was the replaced under warranty, but nothing about the fact the oil was low and needed replacing. So it seems that once again Audi do not appear to have done what they said they had done on their service sheets, and were possibly masking a more urgent issue. Words fails me.................My car goes in tomorrow for an (oil consumption test). i MUST note that since my service on 16.06.15, where the odometer reading was 37,850. I have done approx 300 miles and i need to top up!!

It is known that the petrol 180/211bhp A4/5/Q5 can use very excessive amounts of oil (but apparently excessive is above 0.5 litres per 1000 km as per handbook, or 621 miles by my previous consumption test). Now is the time to get this known problem sorted! Eventually the excessive oil consumption will foul the spark plugs leading to misfires, normally misfiring on cylinder 2. If you are experiencing this heavy oil burning either carry on as if you own an oil field or get it fixed now....

There have been numerous advertised fixes but it will only be cured by the figment of new piston rings. Forget a PCV and software update, the car needs 20 hours Audi labour to rebuild the engine. An easy way to diagnose apart from marrying an oil sheiks daughter is to check ur exhaust tips. If their black and you remember it's not a TDI you know it's a problem!

Audi are slowly admitting by ways of their 'Goodwill' contribution and paying the lot. Normally it's around £5-6k for the rebuild, however you may need full service history.

Please feel free to reply if you own any of these great engines exhibiting this oil consumption dilemma! Once fixed IT is a fantastic high performance engine!!! There's plenty of us who have had and are going through this repair. Just look at crazy fools previous thread on the B8 A4 platform. This will be a watchdog/quiet recall very soon...... And will not be going away!

Audi do review these threads! If you have the above problem, please comment and let's get the Audi springs recoiling further.....

Welcome to the forum mate what so in not the best circumstances..

As you've read on my first post in February this is a fault affecting All TFSI engines between late 2008 and mid 2011. All will need the fix at some point!
Your car will fail the oil consumption test for sure however it has to be done for Audi UK to give contribution, just make sure the consumption test is free. As long as you have reasonable service history with the car it will be fixed for free too. It's taken nearly 6 months for me to be happy with my car again but since that time there's been a lot more publicity including Watchdogs report on the subject.
All I can say is that once fixed everything is great! I had the fix for free costing £5500, oil tests £120 refunded and next 2 long life servicings for free. First major service last week. That's four years servicing and there's a 2 yr warranty on the parts used on the fix. That's not a bad result if you plan on keeping the car for a few yrs. There's been no oil usage or misfires now and the car runs superb. Just go through the process and I can truly say you will be happy with the end results when it's completed! There is a lot of information in this thread so I wouldn't worry unnecessarily mate..

Welcome to the forum mate what so in not the best circumstances..

As you've read on my first post in February this is a fault affecting All TFSI engines between late 2008 and mid 2011. All will need the fix at some point!
Your car will fail the oil consumption test for sure however it has to be done for Audi UK to give contribution, just make sure the consumption test is free. As long as you have reasonable service history with the car it will be fixed for free too. It's taken nearly 6 months for me to be happy with my car again but since that time there's been a lot more publicity including Watchdogs report on the subject.
All I can say is that once fixed everything is great! I had the fix for free costing £5500, oil tests £120 refunded and next 2 long life servicings for free. First major service last week. That's four years servicing and there's a 2 yr warranty on the parts used on the fix. That's not a bad result if you plan on keeping the car for a few yrs. There's been no oil usage or misfires now and the car runs superb. Just go through the process and I can truly say you will be happy with the end results when it's completed! There is a lot of information in this thread so I wouldn't worry unnecessarily mate..
As far as I'm concerned the test is free, because as no point did the Audi guy inform me it wouldn't be when i called!!! and as the reception desk informed me before they put me through (this call may be monitored for training purposes)!!!! You don't need to tell me my car will fail, because i know IT WILL. What guals me is that Audi think this is acceptable. I have a full Audi service history before i bought this car, and its only tha took i this car to my trusted technician (because i don't trust Audi) for its service that he alerted me to the fact i may "worn rings" in my engine!!!!!! I mean WTF this is a 2011 engine with 38000 miles on it!!!

As far as I'm concerned the test is free, because as no point did the Audi guy inform me it wouldn't be when i called!!! and as the reception desk informed me before they put me through (this call may be monitored for training purposes)!!!! You don't need to tell me my car will fail, because i know IT WILL. What guals me is that Audi think this is acceptable. I have a full Audi service history before i bought this car, and its only tha took i this car to my trusted technician (because i don't trust Audi) for its service that he alerted me to the fact i may "worn rings" in my engine!!!!!! I mean WTF this is a 2011 engine with 38000 miles on it!!!
Whats more when i spoke to Southend Audi, the guy there was totally aware of this issue and even mention that it was recently highlighted on watchdog!!!!!

My car has like many others on here, full Audi service history too.
This is a known fault regarding incorrect piston ring thickness (too thin) and therefore the pistons & conrods require replacing to go with the new correct thickness. Nothing more you can do until they are fitted unfortunately.

Whats more when i spoke to Southend Audi, the guy there was totally aware of this issue and even mention that it was recently highlighted on watchdog!!!!!
So as i can't seem to work out reply system on here.. is there anything that i should e telling/quoting/noting with Audi when my car goes in for this **** oil test??????

So as i can't seem to work out reply system on here.. is there anything that i should be telling/quoting/noting with Audi when my car goes in for this **** oil test??????
And yes as i am a girl, you soo don't need to worry tell i know that there is an issue with the piston rings (thickness aside)!!! and poss con rods

If your that worried then call Audi UK first thing in the morning before you take your car in. I have been where you are and I called them straight away. If you have knowledge on the subject then you know the service advisor won't fob you off. Just mention this forum..!

And yes as i am a girl, you soo don't need to worry tell i know that there is an issue with the piston rings (thickness aside)!!! and poss con rods

Just stating the facts Miss/Mrs. You a teacher? :whip:

Can I just say I'm not a mad feminist, just a girl that totally loves anything to do with cars/bikes etc
If your that worried then call Audi UK first thing in the morning before you take your car in. I have been where you are and I called them straight away. If you have knowledge on the subject then you know the service advisor won't fob you off. Just mention this forum..!
Of course you have knowledge, thats why I'm doing what you suggested, your blog is why i am pursuing this. (my husband doesn't rate my chances (without him) but **** HIM i can do this and thanks to your forum i now have the balls (no pun intended lol)

Reactions: Tfsi gone
Can I just say I'm not a mad feminist, just a girl that totally loves anything to do with cars/bikes etc

Of course you have knowledge, thats why I'm doing what you suggested, your blog is why i am pursuing this. (my husband doesn't rate my chances (without him) but **** HIM i can do this and thanks to your forum i now have the balls (no pun intended lol)
any quotes????

Hi car went into day they have done the pcv upgrade and apparently have changed a few bits I will find out tomorrow when I pick the car up. Thanks for all your comments they are really helpful. Im just enjoying driving around in one of their brand new Audi a4s won't want to give it back!

Hi car went into day they have done the pcv upgrade and apparently have changed a few bits I will find out tomorrow when I pick the car up. Thanks for all your comments they are really helpful. Im just enjoying driving around in one of their brand new Audi a4s won't want to give it back!

Not sure why they have bothered with the PCV change and software update. Audi initially tried that as a way of owners conducting 2 consumption tests and drawing the process out. I have not heard of a single PCV change resulting in the oil consumption problem being fixed. Normally it's now one oil consumption test then a rebuild if it fails the 0.5 litres of oil usage over the 621 miles. Tell them your not willing to undertake two tests if they are going down the old route of diagnosing the problem. Otherwise you may have to complete 1242 miles first...

Spare a thought for us poor A5 owners in Australia. I bought a 2010 A5 2 months ago with 60,000km on the clock ... my first Audi. The oil light came on before I got it home from the dealer. I've put 6 litres of oil into it over the last 2 months - it's consuming a litre every 400km. I've had an oil consumption test completed by Audi - it failed obviously. Audi want to charge me $2000AUD to "inspect" the engine, and are refusing to contribute a single dollar to repair the issue, so I'm off to see a lawyer. It blows my mind that Audi UK can recognise the issue publicly on their website, while Audi AU still maintains that it's not their problem. They all come from the same factory. I couldn't be more disappointed.

Spare a thought for us poor A5 owners in Australia. I bought a 2010 A5 2 months ago with 60,000km on the clock ... my first Audi. The oil light came on before I got it home from the dealer. I've put 6 litres of oil into it over the last 2 months - it's consuming a litre every 400km. I've had an oil consumption test completed by Audi - it failed obviously. Audi want to charge me $2000AUD to "inspect" the engine, and are refusing to contribute a single dollar to repair the issue, so I'm off to see a lawyer. It blows my mind that Audi UK can recognise the issue publicly on their website, while Audi AU still maintains that it's not their problem. They all come from the same factory. I couldn't be more disappointed.
Hopefully things will change there mate!
It's different everywhere across the globe. The class action in the U.S. saw all owners having their cars fixed for free or fully refunded. Here in the UK it's still on a 'case by case' basis, however it's moving along quickly to being done for free to all.
It's shocking they haven't been recalled and therefore Audi can move on especially as the B9 model is released soon..

They drop the oil and weigh what's left. If it's used more than 0.5litre over 621 miles then it's a fail. Yours will probably fail. Rebuild time !!!!
Hi guys, just recently registered. I own a 2009 2.0tfsi and is in the process of going through a stage 1 oil consumption test. I have cover 420miles so far and I have less than 1/4 of oil left according to MMI. Anyone know what stage 2 of oil consumption test involve?

Update*

Droped my car off yesterday to get the oil weight. Got a called from Audi Aberdeen today saying that I will have to do a stage 1 test again due to the system error!! Can someone tell me what do they recording during the test? My understanding is all they require to carry out is to weight the remaining oil left in the engine? Or have I miss something here?

Update*

Droped my car off yesterday to get the oil weight. Got a called from Audi Aberdeen today saying that I will have to do a stage 1 test again due to the system error!! Can someone tell me what do they recording during the test? My understanding is all they require to carry out is to weight the remaining oil left in the engine? Or have I miss something here?

That's shocking mate if they expect you to do the oil consumption test again!!
All they do is 'weigh' the oil prior to the test and after if your oil light doesn't come on and end the test early. Maybe one of the techs spilt the oil...!
I would have gone nuts! Let Audi UK know if they expect you to carry out another 621 mile test again due to their error...

By the way Briyasan there should only be one test to conduct now mate! That's all I had to complete. If it fails that then it's rebuild time...

I would definitely speak to the service manager and kick off.
I kicked off lots when I went through the process..

Have to say after everything that has been done to my car it drives better than the 2015 A4 TDI loan car I had earlier this week from Audi.
Smoother drive (Hankook tyres compared to the Continentals), far quieter and much quicker than the 2.0 diesel. Time to enjoy the car as their meant to be..

I've got Contis on my Merc. Absolutely hate them! I know I've got a good amount of torque, but I get wheel spin with a reasonable amount of acceleration in the dry! Rear wheel drive, auto and Contis don't fill me with confidence!

And the road noise is chronic.

Try Hankooks Stu. One of the best in the wet. You will need that with RWD!! Were around 30 quid cheaper a corner and reviews were much better.
The hire car had 800 miles on it so the contis were new. Even my son noticed how much quieter and smoother the drive was in mine with the new tyres...
Will be putting them on the wife's car next and she always praised Continental until driving my car with these on..

Its very reassuring to see the positive results occurring now!
Back in January before I started this thread and when my car was constantly misfiring I couldn't have dreamed of the outcomes that are now being achieved.
Yes it has been a very long journey but the end results are that I now own a car that has been fixed and runs superb! Also the cam chain tensioner problem for me has been eliminated. Further more I have had the consumption tests fully refunded and for the next four years the servicing is free. First major service done yesterday. Plus there's a 2 yr warranty on the parts fitted..

I have to say a big thank you to Audi UK - Charles & Ateeq in particular. Don't envy what those guys have gone through in the last few months but it shows what these forums can help to achieve! Also Bridgend Audi were great yesterday. Geoff is a great service adviser and an asset to the brand.

I can say honestly my faith in Audi has now been restored!

As another follow up.
Even more, after receiving an Audi invoice confirming the next service in 2 yrs will also be free I received a suspension cover that was missing from the rebuild and was posted directly to my door today. My experience with Audi over this issue has been somewhat of a very long 6 month journey but it's now ended (hopefully) with a car I am now enjoying driving...
Again big thanks to Sinclair Audi Bridgend. It's a Pity that Mon Motors Cardiff weren't as helpful and friendly in the end! Especially as they pointed the blame at me at the start of the process for not bringing it in sooner.. - I had only owned the car a few months. Anyway that experience astounded not only me but my wife (who was also an Audi owner - not any more though after this) and had the unpleasant experience of being made to feel guilty too there with me!! After that and the numerous complaints it was ultimately sorted! It did take Audi UK and the head of Business at Cardiff Audi's intervention to even get a hire car. The experience was not what you expect from Audi especially as I I owned numerous over nearly 20 years. Anyway as mentioned above Bridgend Audi were far better in my opinion even if they were aware of this forum and myself.
Let's see what happens but in the meantime those of you just going through this problem keep posting wherever in the globe you are.. I'm sure this thread has helped lots of owners and will continue to do so. The amount of replies and views show that!
It's certainly helped my situation for the better..

Last edited:
Just an update from me.

My brother in law purchased a 2010 (59 plate) a5 cabriolet 2.0tfsi about 6 weeks ago. 10 miles after collecting the car (privet sale) the oil light came on, filled with oil and 320 miles covered and it came on again. I then stumbled across this post, what a help it has been. I told him about the issue and got him to book the car into Audi immediately, he booked it into Crawley Audi for the first oil consumption test. Dropped the car off at 9am, Audi paid for a taxi home for them and paid for a taxi to collect them when the car was finished, the car was valeted inside and out and Audi also gave them a free Audi roof cleaning kit! They drove the car for 305 miles and the light came on again. Took the car back to Crawley Audi and that have weighed the oil and confirmed that it has the piston issue. Brand new Audi A4 s-line courtacy car given to them until the car is fixed, they say it should be done in around 7 days. All being done free of charge. They are very impressed with the customer service they have received from Audi. I will update when they get the car back from having the piston's replaced

Just an update from me.

My brother in law purchased a 2010 (59 plate) a5 cabriolet 2.0tfsi about 6 weeks ago. 10 miles after collecting the car (privet sale) the oil light came on, filled with oil and 320 miles covered and it came on again. I then stumbled across this post, what a help it has been. I told him about the issue and got him to book the car into Audi immediately, he booked it into Crawley Audi for the first oil consumption test. Dropped the car off at 9am, Audi paid for a taxi home for them and paid for a taxi to collect them when the car was finished, the car was valeted inside and out and Audi also gave them a free Audi roof cleaning kit! They drove the car for 305 miles and the light came on again. Took the car back to Crawley Audi and that have weighed the oil and confirmed that it has the piston issue. Brand new Audi A4 s-line courtacy car given to them until the car is fixed, they say it should be done in around 7 days. All being done free of charge. They are very impressed with the customer service they have received from Audi. I will update when they get the car back from having the piston's replaced

Great to hear...

Might be of interest, from Ridgeway website (apologies if posted before, but it's a long thread...):

Audi UK is committed to investigating and swiftly resolving any technical issues relating to our cars which are reported to us through our network.

As we have stated previously, a low percentage of older 2.0 TFSI engines fitted to certain models have been exceeding the factory oil consumption tolerance of 0.5 litres per 1,000 kilometres (approx. 620 miles). Changes were made to the production tolerances of the pistons and rings in this engine from mid-2011 onwards, and customers with 2.0 TFSI cars produced after this date should not have any cause for concern.

The comprehensive Audi UK Warranty (3 years/60,000 miles) covering all new Audi vehicles has already resolved the majority of these cases at no cost to the customer. For remaining affected customers with cars that are no longer covered by this warranty, we have a policy in place to resolve issues on a case-by-case basis. This revised policy has been in force nationally since the beginning of the year and applies to new and retrospective cases. Qualification criteria are applied in each individual case to confirm that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the owner’s handbook by an Audi Centre or other professional workshop which follows the Audi Service quality standards.

We invite all Audi customers who have any questions or concerns relating to newly discovered or previously reported oil consumption with 2.0 TFSI engines to contact their local Audi Centre. Alternatively, our advisors will be available until 10pm on Thursday 4 June, and thereafter from 8am to 8pm, by calling 0800 093 0110 free of charge from landlines*.

*Chargeable from mobile phones

FAQs
1. Why are Audi doing this?
a. Audi remains in the media spotlight as the no.1 premium car brand in the UK and we’re
aware of increasing attention relating to this topic. We have therefore created this special
support measure to ensure customers are handled in a consistent manner

2. Which vehicles does this apply to?
a. Only the specific models and model years listed in the TPI are applicable

3. Will there be a specific matrix issued on desktop detailing the different scenarios?
a. If the vehicle has a full service history (including proof of correct oils) either in or out of the
Audi network then customer pays nothing towards the repair. For all other scenarios please
contact the CSC.

4. When should I qualify the customer?
a. You should do this at the outset (prior to stage 1 repair) when you can evaluate the other
possible causes/individual circumstances.
b. Customers should be advised of the potential cost of stage 2 repair should it be required.
This should include a review of the vehicle’s service history.

5. Who pays for stage 1 repairs & diagnosis?
a. If the issue is suspected on an affected vehicle the customer should not contribute anything
and this can be claimed from Audi UK. If another cause is suspected (or a different
engine/derivative is presented) then please follow normal diagnosis and support procedures,
(£60 fixed initial diagnostic charge – part of the Audi difference – plus any additional
diagnostic time agreed with customer beforehand). This can be claimed using the same
method as stage 2.

6. What if the customer hasn’t been seen by the network in ages?
a. This is a special support measure and hence customer loyalty is not relevant to the support
available, only how the support is claimed.
b. Support is on the proviso that their vehicle has been maintained in accordance with the
manufacturers recommendations, this can be inside or outside of the Audi Network (see
below exclusions)

7. What are the exclusions? / When is it appropriate for the customer to contribute?
a. Where the service history is incomplete this may be evidence to suggest that the vehicle has
not been maintained correctly and therefore a contributing factor. In these cases customers
will be expected to contribute an appropriate and reasonable amount. Please call the CSC
for guidance.

8. Why are we being expected to support customers with any kind of contribution when there isn’t a
complete service history?
a. We must take a considered approach as to whether the symptoms were caused entirely by
incorrect maintenance or were a contributing factor.
b. We should be mindful that incomplete service documents may not be proof that the vehicle
was serviced incorrectly.
c. Incomplete service history may not be the fault of the current owner and this may be their
first experience of the Audi network.

9. What is an acceptable level of oil consumption?
a. Consumption below 0.5 litres per 1000km is widely accepted as normal across the industry

10. What factors contribute towards higher oil consumption?
a. There are numerous factors that can influence this such as:
i. Type and quality of oil used
ii. Driving style
`
V5, June 3, 2015
iii. Journey type
iv. Service history
v. Engine run low on oil or coolant
vi. Engine overheated
vii. General wear & tear (i.e. high mileage)
viii. Previous repairs
ix. Foreign objects ingested
x. Tuning

11. How do I claim the support?
a. If the customer qualifies for this special support measure then claim the outstanding amount
(less customer contribution) as per the normal process using 210 claim code. The top‐up
should be claimed using 2SK. If you’re unsure please contact the CSC for guidance.
b. If the customer does not qualify for support then please contact the CSC for guidance.

12. What happens if there’s more substantial damage to the engine, i.e. bore damage such as scoring?
a. Damage of this nature is not covered in the TPI. It is highly likely this is through some other
mechanism or as a result failing to respond to oil level/pressure warnings. If this is
suspected, this should be explained to the customer as it will not qualify. However, normal
goodwill processes apply which may include the high value policy if applicable – contact the
CSC for guidance.

13. What qualifies as a full service history?
a. Evidence of servicing in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations including oil
type.
b. Your judgement that a lack of servicing/negligence has not been the cause of increased
wear/oil consumption.
c. If oil grade cannot be qualified then the customer will have to pay a contribution – please call
the CSC for assistance
d. Please keep reasonable records of vehicle service history.

14. What should I do if I’m contacted by a member of the press?
a. Refer to press statement. If you require further assistance please contact the Audi Press
department.
15. I’ve been asked about the ‘class action’ in the USA what should I say?
a. We cannot comment on the details of other markets/legal cases
b. Vehicles sold in the US market have to meet different emission criteria and therefore
engines fitted on these vehicles are not the same as those in the UK.

16. Why are you requesting the Centre perform a service FOC?
a. Asking the customer to pay for a service implies that loyalty is a qualifying criteria to the
support on offer (which is normally the case for goodwill) but for this special support
measure it must not be a consideration. For example, customers may interpret the request
to pay for a service as Audi profiteering from the situation.
b. Whilst we’re asking the Centres to absorb the cost of a service, many of the parts and labour
operations overlap and are included in the stage 2 repair (e.g. oil, coolant, oil filter, EVHC).
Therefore the additional cost of the service will be minimal. This is also a reason why
charging a customer the full price for a service may compound the perception of Audi
profiteering.
c. We recognise this may be seen as missed profit opportunity for Centres, but we cannot
afford for this to be a challenge point for customers in light of the media attention this issue
is receiving.
d. This should be positioned as a complimentary service from your Centre encouraging future
goodwill from this customer.
e. Whatever service is due should be completed but excludes additional items e.g. brake fluid
change, gearbox oil etc.

17. Why are there mileage restrictions for vehicles without full service history?
a. If a vehicle is poorly maintained there is greater chance that oil consumption will worsen
over its life, hence an increasing customer contribution for high mileage vehicles.

18. How should we approach work identified from the EVHC?
a. Due to the sensitivity of this situation ensure you fully explain any work required using Audi
Cam or by demonstrating directly to the customer, so that we’re not seen to be profiteering.

19. What guarantee does the customer get with a repair?
a. Two years parts & labour guarantee for any work carried out in our network.

20. If customers claim they have had the correct oil but no proof of doing so. For example invoice only
describes Engine Oil and not grade, what guidelines/stage should be taken
a. If it cannot be determined that the correct oil has been used then the customer will be asked
to make a small and reasonable contribution ‐ speak to the CSC for advice.

21. Should a vehicle require repair and receive the support contributions outlined, what if other repair work is
needed. The expectation of the customer will be to receive equal levels of support as they may link
further work to the original issue. Will the Special Support Measure be extended to other repair items?
a. No, normal policy will resume.

22. How should I code this when I claim through SAGA2
a. The CSC will be able to advise.

23. Have we considered the demand on parts supply and increasing stock levels in Dordon?
a. We are monitoring parts stocks closely, we will be doing everything we can to avoid a backorder
situation, if this does become a problem, we will take appropriate steps to assist the
Network.

24. Do oil consumption cases count towards RTW score within the CSS programme?
a. Returning for an oil consumption test is a non‐counting RTW response and therefore will not
affect the RTW score.

25. What about customers who are unhappy about the oil they’ve used to date?
a. We would not normally cover cost of consumables such as oil. However, in exceptional cases
it may be necessary to use a self‐authorised goodwill gesture

26. Will retrospective customer claims be supported?
a. For previous repairs carried out within the Audi network, retrospective cases will be
reviewed against the same Special Support Measure qualifying criteria. If there is a
difference between the level of support available now and what was offered the difference
should be reimbursed. Please contact the CSC.
b. For repairs completed outside the network we will only consider refunding the cost of
genuine Audi parts supported by appropriate invoices/receipts.

27. Will we support traders with affected vehicles?
a. We recommend that the support is offered directly to the registered owner of the car (to
ensure the end customer receives the full support offered)
b. If the trader is the registered owner then they will qualify. Contact the CSC for further
advice.

28. Will we reimburse independent traders who have had repairs carried out in the Audi network?
a. Reimbursements will only be considered for the person who is named on the original
invoice.

29. Would these repairs be supported if the car has an Audi approved used warranty?
a. These cases should be handled in the same way as any Extended warranty claim and should
there be any issues with support not being covered, please contact the CSC on
customer.services@audi.co.uk or the warranty team on warranty@vwg.co.uk

30. Why are the Warranty claims taking too long?
a. We have had a few delays but can reassure the Network that we have a process in place to
capture all oil consumption claims and these have been prioritised by the Warranty team.
Should you have any queries, or experience delays, please contact the warranty team direct
on warranty@vwg.co.uk.

31. There have been some delays recently in getting authority from the CSC for the repairs. Why is this?
a. We are aware of recent delays due to Microsoft Exchange server issues affecting the email
communications ability to process cases – this affected the whole of VWG ‐ however should
now be rectified.
b. To streamline the process the Oil Consumption e‐form needs to be completed so that all of
the necessary information is available to the CSC, enabling them to action your request as
quickly as possible.
c. Our commitment is to get responses back to you within 48 hours, assuming the e‐form is
completed in full and any additional, relevant information is provided and these are all
emailed to specialistsupport@audi.co.uk.
`
32. Can the CSC complete the Oil Consumption E‐Form to process the claim?
a. The Centres will have to complete this e‐form themselves, as there is a lot of information in
this e‐form that the CSC will not be aware of.
b. Centre completion of this form first time will ensure a speedy response is provided by the
CSC.

33. Will there be additional financial support available for customers’ who incur significant travel costs to
have the repairs completed, e.g. living off the mainland?
a. We would not normally cover customers’ travel costs. However, in exceptional cases it may
be appropriate to use a self‐authorised goodwill gesture. If unsure contact the CSC for
advice.

34. I’m confused, what should I do?
a. Contact the CSC for advice.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, scotty76 and Tfsi gone
No.16 is definitely worth a read..!
I have not heard of any other owners on this forum mention they have been offered a complimentary service. I enquired about it and had a major service completed for free 2 weeks ago and that included items that part 16.e mentioned should be excluded - my brake fluid was also changed.
Also the next minor service in 2 yrs will also be complimentary..

20. is interesting too. So grade of oil must be on the invoice. Will bear that in mind for the future.

Well 7 days later and Audi have still not contacted me even after promising to do so within 5 days

Get on the blower mate and let rip! That's bad considering how their treating 'new' complainants! As I found and as a previous owner said on the broadcast BBC radio 4 show on the subject - "take the no prisoners approach to Audi".
Worked for me too..

Took mine to Audi Manchester yesterday to start stage 1 of the oil test, I waited with it and they took 3hrs.. but they did clean it inside and out for me. I just need to get the miles on it now..

No.16 is definitely worth a read..!
I have not heard of any other owners on this forum mention they have been offered a complimentary service. I enquired about it and had a major service completed for free 2 weeks ago and that included items that part 16.e mentioned should be excluded - my brake fluid was also changed.
Also the next minor service in 2 yrs will also be complimentary..

i was due a serive anyway but i didn't get charged for it (they said the repair work of stripping the engine etc would just about cover what the service would include as regards fluids etc), but i must admit to being a bit miffed at all the people who have been give two free future services, i've been offered nowt like that. must obviously be down to individual franchises. postcode lottery lol.

Well I'm still on the oil consumption test after taking it for service etc about 4 weeks ago ( I don't do many miles ), currently on 490 miles and oil level still at max! Can't believe it, am I the first person ever to have it sorted by a software update etc! Or is it just because it was in desperate need of a service and needed some new ( thicker ) oil in it.
I'm not sure how I feel about it passing the test if I'm honest. Happy, but then are they saying that just because it passed now it'll always be OK?? What happens it 3 years from now when it starts getting worse? Also, I hope they give me something in writting to say it passed the test, just for the future when I want to sell the car...