2.0 TFSI DSG boost/power problems.

wonderkicc

Reaction score
Having an issue with my 2.0 TFSI DSG
Stage 1 remap, car runs like a stock car for the first 10-15 minutes of driving, or atleast I think, then suddenly car pulls like it's on stage 1. See videos attached.
I put a new boost pressure sensor on and the car kept flagging a code, so put old one back on and no codes.
Put new MAF on, then car started to idle rocky for 5 seconds then went fine, and did this repeatedly. Put old MAF back on now it's fine.
Checked DV for splits/leaks and nothing, this was replaced to REV G in December 2021.
Before last week, you could have a cold engine and it'll want to start boosting/take off at 2.5 rpm, but now if you drive it around cold engine it'll have no turbo/boost power, and will remain like this until it decides to "open"? up again.
Car doesn't like to have new sensors on it for some reason, so all old sensors are back in. When the cars running properly (to stage 1 performance) it'll hold the gears longer in Sport. For example, did a kickdown pull, went to 2nd gear, got to about 60-70 and it held 2nd gear, even when I was off the throttle, when I thought it should've went to 3/4th gear. Am I having DSG problems?
The videos show what's happening, when it's running properly and all boost/power is back, the car makes very loud air-sucking sounds, but the first video just lacks power, then the others show what it should be like.
After the 3 videos of it running right, I turned it off, came back 5 mins later to drive it again and it went back to no boost/power, then 10-15 minutes later after driving it with care the power came back again.. What's going on? Any help appreciated

When was it mapped? Who mapped it? Was the car behaving like this before the map? Have you ran diagnostics and have any codes (what are the codes)?

When was it mapped? Who mapped it? Was the car behaving like this before the map? Have you ran diagnostics and have any codes (what are the codes)?
I've bought it mapped, no idea who has mapped it, but the cars been fine before all this started happening, which is why I don't understand why it's doing this all of a sudden. I've scanned the car via VCDs and have had no codes come back, I've been thrashing it about to try and get it to throw something up and nothing will come up.

The car failed on the thermostat housing in December time so I had it off the road for 3 weeks, then after I got it all working fine the revs were being limited and was in a non-drivable state, it turned out to the the crankshaft position sensor. Brand new one on and it was lacking power, but some thrashing down the bypass sorted that out. (think it overfuelled when I was replicating the fault), but then the car went 2 weeks fine until last week where it just lacks power.

I've bought a new camshaft sensor and that's due to arrive tomorrow so will throw that on, and only because one of the camshaft sensor symptoms is holding the gears, and that's what it's doing sometimes. It's intermittent.

I also reckon it could be slipping, but the car does have turbo lag, or the possibility the DSG oil is low, but very unsure.

Car seems to work as an on-off switch. Starting it up and it's performing like a stage 1, then you turn it off and it goes back to factory settings, but then turning it off and back on again brings it back to stage 1 performance. I don't get it. Actuator?