2.0 TFSI delays

Urban Sports

Reaction score
I have now had confirmation from Audi UK via the retailer that there are considerable delays expected for new 2.0 TFSI orders but how long they won't know until the mid to end of August.

My order was placed at the end of June and it affects my car which was expected towards the end of September even though I didn't need it until the end of October.

The reason is "...to do with CO2 and fuel consumption changes..."

We kind of already knew this but that's officially from Audi UK.

I have an order number so will check regularly.

I have now had confirmation from Audi UK via the retailer that there are considerable delays expected for new 2.0 TFSI orders but how long they won't know until the mid to end of August.

My order was placed at the end of June and it affects my car which was expected towards the end of September even though I didn't need it until the end of October.

The reason is "...to do with CO2 and fuel consumption changes..."

We kind of already knew this but that's officially from Audi UK.

I have an order number so will check regularly.

This doesn't sound good for me... What is the tracker currently saying about the car??

I'm in the same boat, have a 2.0 TFSi on order for over a month now and it still hasn't moved on notch on the tracker.

I asked the retailer last week and sent them all the press links and they denied that it was true.

I am pi**ed of to be honest as I have missed out on a few other cars I was looking at, I'm gonna cancel mine this week.

Would have been my first Audi, but they are shocking in how they operate.

All it says is that it was ordered on 30/6

Does is say order received? Or estimate a construction date? Or say when it will be constructed?

Like in the picture below?

Attachments

• IMG_1471.PNG
    IMG_1471.PNG
    179.8 KB · Views: 287
Does is say order received? Or estimate a construction date? Or say when it will be constructed?

Like in the picture below?

No it's at stage one, no date for build it just says order received.

That
No it's at stage one, no date for build it just says order received.
That doesn't sound promising!

I placed my order on 15/6 for S4 Avant, build date was originally 4/9 but then brought forward to 21/8, checked with dealer and confirmed not affected and will be built as ordered.

However I'm still slightly concerned with the press articles and if I'm buying a car that then doesn't meet EU guidelines and affects the stated emissions and performance...but I'm committed to buying the car and will just have to hope no issues once all this comes out eventually!

Hope you get sorted one way or another mate.

The plot thickens, I've just been on Audi UK online chat, given them my order number and they assure me that my car ..."has not been delayed due to any emissions or MPG issues but may have a slight delay due to the high demand of the A4."

Confused!!!

Hi Everyone, I ordered my 2.0 TFSI black edition on the 10th June and still do not have a build date? It is taking so long!!!

thats odd; i ordered mine 1st July and have had an order number now for over a month, getting built not next week the week after. Chase your dealership.

But yours isn't a 2.0 though is it? Which is where the issue lies.

Hi Guys,

Yep I have the order number, but when I check all it says is Order received.
Was wondering because I have ordered a Sunroof might take longer because they do these models on certain weeks? maybe wrong

Kind regards

I ordered my A4 1.4 Blk edition back in June - told today there is at least a 4 week delay! Was assured i'd ordered in time for 1st Sept delivery too.

Seems alot of people affected.

I'm without a car from 31st August - so not sure where i stand, should Audi give me a car to loan till i get it?

Reactions: Brandon Williams
Hi

I did not know there was a delay until I started reading these posts just thought it was strange that I did not have a build week!! I have not heard from the dealer since I ordered as he said you can keep track through your order i.d.

ordered the following:
A4 Black Edition 2.0 TFSI, Sunroof, Mythos Black, Ext LED, Tech Pack, Auto, Heated Front/Rear seats, Storage Pack, Full Leather, 19" wheels

I ordered my A4 1.4 Blk edition back in June - told today there is at least a 4 week delay! Was assured i'd ordered in time for 1st Sept delivery too.

Seems alot of people affected.

I'm without a car from 31st August - so not sure where i stand, should Audi give me a car to loan till i get it?
I've heard of other people with this kinda issue who were given a courtesy car until it was resolved.
I suppose though it all depends on the dealer.

The issues delaying the 2.0l petrol engine are not affecting deliveries of the 1.4. If there is any delay with that engine then it is for other reasons howver I have not heard anything about there being one...

The issues delaying the 2.0l petrol engine are not affecting deliveries of the 1.4. If there is any delay with that engine then it is for other reasons howver I have not heard anything about there being one...

When I spoke to Audi a couple of days ago they said there are delays on all A4's due to demand at the moment, how true I don't know.

I ordered my s4 on 19/06 - sat for about 3 weeks and then got a build date of wk30.
Spoke to Audi uk and also the dealer who had no info about the possible delays and said wait until after proposed build week but yes there are delays.
Mine went from stage 2 to in transit at the end of build week and is now in the uk.

There is no official line from Audi and you get a different story every time you speak to someone unfortunately.

Hi,

Just looked on the Audi UK config today and the 2.0TFSI is only available in the 4 wheel drive model? the 2 wheel option has gone only showing the 1.4 TFSI available?

I think I am going to have to contact my dealer as I have heard nothing from him regarding any problems with my 2.0TFSI 2 wheel drive order?

the 4 wheel drive is nearly £6k more!!

Hi,

Just looked on the Audi UK config today and the 2.0TFSI is only available in the 4 wheel drive model? the 2 wheel option has gone only showing the 1.4 TFSI available?

I think I am going to have to contact my dealer as I have heard nothing from him regarding any problems with my 2.0TFSI 2 wheel drive order?

the 4 wheel drive is nearly £6k more!!
It is still available in SE trim with S-Tronic.

I would hate the thought of all these delayed orders being 'rushed through' when they start building them trying to catch up on demand.....

Mine was ordered in May, not being built until week 39. So will get Mid October at earliest - once delivered and prep'd. I ordered 1.4 Blk edition avant. I'm told 30 orders are delayed just at my dealer and they are not giving anyone a loan car in the interim! I even call Audi customer service - who said the dealer would sort a loan car, if an option. I am told my dealer doesn't have them available. I had this issue with a black edition A3 back in 2011 - waited 10 months in the end! The joys. I know it's not dealer fault but surely they should know about delays ahead of 2 weeks of me supposed to be getting it.

A mate of mine went into Audi today to ask about a 2.0 petrol A4 BE, he was told that engine is now only available in quattro! Anyone confirm this?

Well there is definately a massive delay, ordered a 2.0TFSI Black Edition on 22/06/17 just tracked it again after no movement for 2 months and it now says:

"expected to begin construction on 27th November 2017" so even if I did wait it probably wouldn't even be delivered this year.

Gonna cancel it in the morning what a joke of a company, first and now last Audi

Well there is definately a massive delay, ordered a 2.0TFSI Black Edition on 22/06/17 just tracked it again after no movement for 2 months and it now says:

"expected to begin construction on 27th November 2017" so even if I did wait it probably wouldn't even be delivered this year.

Gonna cancel it in the morning what a joke of a company, first and now last Audi

I can certainly understand the annoyance but it's a significantly odd situation rather than something that happens regularly... Not a reason to never come back to the brand if you like the cars.

Perhaps a pre-reg one or something may be an option if you're still keen and can find one that suits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can certainly understand the annoyance but it's a significantly odd situation rather than something that happens regularly... Not a reason to never come back to the brand if you like the cars.

Perhaps a pre-reg one or something may be an option if you're still keen and can find one that suits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but I have been asking audi ever since the media stories came about and they have denied it everytime for months.

And in that time I have missed out on good deals on my second (C220 AMG LINE) and third (JAGUAR XE 25T) choice car, thinking this one was going to arrive, none of those are now available and neither is this one, if they told me from the start I would have never ordered it.

I am a very indecisive person and it took me 2 months to decide to go for the Audi (a wild card for me), now I have to start again, Audi have nothing in stock to offer other than a 1.4T S Line or sport which although some members say is ok I am not a fan of.

Reactions: Daggerit
True, but I have been asking audi ever since the media stories came about and they have denied it everytime for months.

And in that time I have missed out on good deals on my second (C220 AMG LINE) and third (JAGUAR XE 25T) choice car, thinking this one was going to arrive, none of those are now available and neither is this one, if they told me from the start I would have never ordered it.

I am a very indecisive person and it took me 2 months to decide to go for the Audi (a wild card for me), now I have to start again, Audi have nothing in stock to offer other than a 1.4T S Line or sport which although some members say is ok I am not a fan of.

Definitely a shame because I think that Audis are some of the nicer cars about, but as I said, I definitely understand!

Yep I've had confirmation on the tracker that mine is to start it's build on 20th November, being realistic when am I likely to receive the car?

Looking like I will cancel as well.

Yep I've had confirmation on the tracker that mine is to start it's build on 20th November, being realistic when am I likely to receive the car?

Looking like I will cancel as well.
I'd say next year!