2.0 TFSI custom exhaust question

Scott.T

Reaction score
Those of you that have had custom exhaust fitted, can you confirm your silencer configuration. For example no resonator, replaced resonator, no rear boxes, replaced rear boxes or small rear boxes etc......

I'm looking for a sporty note on my curent OE dual system rather than the OE complete silence. But not head turning/unsuitable for an A5 kinda loud. I just want a burble on idle and a voice when pushing on. S3 stock kinda levels would probably be fine.

Here's my whole adventure for the same questions you're asking mate.

Long story short. Tony Banks did an amazing custom exhaust system for my 2.0t. Full cat back custom stainless steel. Sounds amazing, deep purring at idle, can get aggressive if driving hard. and very comfortable and non intrusive for motorway cruising.

Here's the link to my post with sound clips etc. (listen with earphones)

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-performance-mods/109978-custom-exhaust-a5-danmar.html

Reactions: mister.c.
Thanks for replying.
It sounds pretty good although your liking of the armytrix system concerns me as it appears way too loud.
My tfsi has the dual 85mm tailpipe each side. So 3 large silencers on the oe system.
How many did you end up with on the cat back.

Sounds as if the stock S5 is what you are after...

Its just as quiet at idle/low speeds as my previous 2.0TFSI (which I loved...), but in sport mode and when you put you foot down, you get a great rumble and some nice burps on the up change.

Not sure how well you can recreate that on the 2.0TFSI?

Sounds as if the stock S5 is what you are after...

Its just as quiet at idle/low speeds as my previous 2.0TFSI (which I loved...), but in sport mode and when you put you foot down, you get a great rumble and some nice burps on the up change.

Not sure how well you can recreate that on the 2.0TFSI?

Lol....I nearly bought the S5 but the lack of alcantara (I avoid full leather) and only 4 seats made it a no go.
I'm glad to see a few used RS4 about with alcantara.....just planning for the future ;).

Reactions: DrEskimo
Lol....I nearly bought the S5 but the lack of alcantara (I avoid full leather) and only 4 seats made it a no go.
I'm glad to see a few used RS4 about with alcantara.....just planning for the future ;).

Ha sounds like a sensible plan....!

Thanks for replying.
It sounds pretty good although your liking of the armytrix system concerns me as it appears way too loud.
My tfsi has the dual 85mm tailpipe each side. So 3 large silencers on the oe system.
How many did you end up with on the cat back.

I did like the armytrix exhaust note but not the loudness. My exhaust system is probably much quieter than an armytrix, like i said you only get the deep rumble normally and opens up when you rev it hard. But not THAT loud by any means.

Don't know if youre local to the Manchester area, but if you are I'll be glad for you to pop round to hear it in person.

Honestly sounds a lot like the s5, just a little quieter and not as much pops and bangs.

Oh and I tried to keep it lookign as simmilar to stock as possible, so I still have dual tips on the left side only, theyre just slightly bigger.

You can do dual side exhausts too with the same system, will cost you a bit more though.