2.0 Tfsi chirping noise, dv?

maxdrz400

Reaction score
hi guys as above ive got a 2.0tfsi completely stock, since I've had it there has been a slight noise coming from the diverter valve when changing gear, not all that noticeable and a 'ptshh' type sound, as I say very quiet (passengers can't hear it) I believe this to be normal as it's the dv doing its job.
The past couple of weeks or so I've found the sound sounds different and is more of a 'tututu' type sound, like an external waste gate sort of sound but at the same volume as before so very quiet but i can just about hear it.
So any ideas what this could be? Does this mean my dv has failed and needs replacing?

Thanks in advance
Max

You looked to see if its stock DV or not? I'd just take the DV for what it takes and check it over mate.

Na not yet mate, il have a look over the weekend, as far as im aware its the original and its on 80k miles now.
Ive been put off checking in the past by people saying its a real pita job, might just buy a replacement for what its worth if its gonna awkward to do, then ive only gotta do it once!