2.0 TFSI cambelt change??

trekbiker

Reaction score
I'm looking at a used 2006 car with 90k, the belt has not bgeen done. I was initially alarmed, but then when i did the research, i found what the selling indy dealer had told me, ie that these do not require compulsory changing until 180000km (115,000M ). (that was from Audi themselves!)
Has ANYONE had theirs long enough to take it up to this sort ofmileage? I thought it sounded a bit risky, as most engines require it by 80k.
Advice pls. I'm thinking about pushing the dealer to get it and ythe pulleys changed as a precautionary measure

Thanks in advance

states in my manual 60k or every 5 years for my 2.0t-fsi quattro.
and when a rang around for quotes for servicing earlier this year all three Audi dealers reminded me it was due at 60k or 5 years!

115K is Audi's official time to change the belt for the TFSI engine, looking at my service schedule.

But most people get it done way before that (60-80K) purely for peace of mind or paranoia!

If belt goes before then and its been well serviced then Audi would have to fix it free of charge, I would imagine!

:icon_thumright: Rog

states in my manual 60k or every 5 years for my 2.0t-fsi quattro.
and when a rang around for quotes for servicing earlier this year all three Audi dealers reminded me it was due at 60k or 5 years!

My car is 2005. How old is yours antmax7?

It definitely states 115K in my service book! They must have revised that for later models:rolleyes:

Rog

*Edit* there are disclaimers in the Service schedule - More frequent replacement is required on some models. Please ask you dealer for further information.

Also - Worked discribed here is correct at the time of going to print.

Last edited:
I thought they had to be done round about the 70k mark and is the water pump not usually done at the same time???

Belt will last 100k but the other components wont allways last that long ! Change all bearings/tensioners and water pump while at it so you dont have any surprises...

My 05 Audi A4 2.0T FSI S-Line has full Audi History and the Belt was changed at 4 years old and 115,000 miles by Audi - Currently on 132,000 miles

my car is a 55 plate and in my service schedule it states for my engine the cambelt should be changed at 60k or 5 years

I've just had my cambelt and water pump changed by Audi on my 05 reg 2.0TFSI. This was based on the car being 5 years old (mileage is stil way under 60K) They're doing the cambelt for £349 and water pump for circa £100 for car over 3 years old. I thought that was a pretty good deal and wouldn't want to risk trashing the engine by not having it done!

My local dealer told me 60k or 4 years when I rang them

just had my cambelt tensioners and water pump changed by stattler in Sheffield £333 all in!
plus they know what there doing unlike the monkeys that work at Audi dealers

thats fair cheap! My S3 is on 50k but I think I will get it done in the next few days, i have had 1 car where the belt snap 10k before the due date and I dont want that to happen again!