2.0 tfsi B7 Cabriolet EPC and starting issues.

zen_200

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have trawled through many threads and web pages and I am unable to determine the best cause of action.

Here is my issue.

I have owned my car since 2014, last year I started having starting issues when the weather was hot and would get the EPC light on and the car would be in limp/safe Mode.

I diagnosed the issue to be a rely j757 so got a garage to change it for me. They said they changed it and that the old one was corroded. The car seemed to start ok, but sometimes it seemed a bit jumpy on idle.

Anyway.... The winter came and I thought nothing else of it.

Fast forward to last Saturday morning and the car was sat on the drive for a few hours and the sun was on it and temps were 28 degrees or more.

I went out late morning to drive it and it struggled to start and the EPC light was on and its was in limp mode.

I drove it round the block, stopped and turn off, then restarted and the car was back to normal and started fine.

All that weekend when the weather was hot I had intermittent bad starts.

My VAG fault codes are:

0444, 0033, 2294 and 0293

So my questions are....

Do i trust that the garage did actually change the relay ?

Do I try and change some sensors like coolant temp sensor and crank sensor as mentioned elsewhere ?

Do you have any other ideas or advice.

I really would appreciate the input on this.

Thanks for reading.

Phil

Hi mate I can see no one replied to you. I am having the same issue at the moment and want to set my car on fire just wondering if you found the problem thanks