2.0 TFSI 150 engine - more detail?

Flatjack

Reaction score
Struggling to find much info online or in reviews about the de-tuned 150BHP 2.0 engine in the 35 spec.

Has anyone got one as most reviews focus just on the 1.4 or the 190 TFSI.

Many thanks

Struggling to find much info online or in reviews about the de-tuned 150BHP 2.0 engine in the 35 spec.

Has anyone got one as most reviews focus just on the 1.4 or the 190 TFSI.

Many thanks
I have one . I came from a 130bhp diesel insignia and it’s like a breath of fresh air. Smooth quiet and surprisingly economical unless pushed hard .

Is the loss of torque noticeable moving from the diesel?

Did you compare with the TDI 150 before you purchased?

No there’s not been a time I’ve felt it underpowered. I drive for a living so I’m not a speed demon but it’s always had enough when I needed it . Dropped into sport and foot down it moves plenty fast for me . It’s a company car so it was this or a 116bhp insignia .. Audi won

Had one in an A4 saloon as a courtesy car last week.

I drove it normally as I don’t rag courtesy cars - it had only done 500 miles but didn’t feel underpowered at all and seemed quite sprightly. Was quiet too.

Reactions: Tripper
I've got one, i've had it since Feb. What did you want to know in particular? I've done 6500 miles in it and its starting to loosen up nicely. You can get almost 50mpg on a long run or less than 30 if you are in heavy traffic. It goes OK if you rev it and its happy enough pootling round at low revs. My only gripe is that it doesn't sound at all sporty, i would prefer some more exhaust noise but I suspect i'm in the minority.

Boring update on mine, i had 55mpg on a 100 mile motorway run yesterday. Didn't go much over 70 but wasn't going super slow either. Are the facelifts the same engine as the 2019 cars? They mention the mild hybrid a fair bit but its not something you really notice.

Yeah the same mild HEV has been available on the 2.0l engine since the b9's introduction...