2.0 tdi Sport - Eibach Pro, Sportline or H&R

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
I've read the previous threads and there seems to be some conflicting info so was just looking for some clarification please:

I have a 2.0 TDI 3dr Sport 2004:

Sport is 10mm lower than standard suspension

Eibach Pro-kit lowers fr/rear 30mm = approx fr/rear 20mm drop

Eibach Sportline fr/rear 45-50 mm/35-40 mm = approx fr/rear 35-40mm/25-30mm drop

H&R fr/rear 35mm = fr/rear 25mm drop

Is this about right?

Thanks for any help

Have you had Eibachs too or been in an Eibached A3 to compare the ride quality?

I have eibach sportlines. Had them on for about 6 months now, stance is great but the ride can be harsh at times and seems comfier when there are more people sat in the car :think:

If your car has done a lot of miles you'll be adding more stress onto the standard shocks, I've just bought some coilovers to improve the ride quality as I'll be getting 19'' in the next 2 months.

Thanks for the reply

My 2004 has only done 35k miles so the standard shocks should be ok for now. I'll be putting 18" wheels on with reduced offset.

It's a choice between Sportlines and H&R at the moment but don't want to fit the Eibach if not certain of getting the drop I need

Eibach Sportlines on 18'' wheels so you get an idea.

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

Cheers man. There 50% tint at the front, and usually they don't look to dark in the day.
However, they do look quite dark in the pics :Flush:

But so far so good.

haha your doing well then
the other day my dads business partner got pulled for his tints and the cop wouldnt let im drive the car like it so he just peeled the tint off the window so he could get home, he wasnt a happy bloke!!

Do we have any pics of Sportbacks on lowering springs? The cars I'm seeing posted in here look spot on, but I've seen quite a few cars that sit significantly higher at the front than the back once they've been lowered. I'm wondering if it's a 3dr/5dr thing, and if the Sportback carries more weight at the back.

You won't notice a massive amount of difference with the Pros fitted to a car which already has Sport suspension but they will work well with the standard dampers but it's down to personal choice really and what look you want.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Right I think I'm going to go for the H&R - is it worth changing/uprating any other bits (apart from dampers) whilst the springs are being done - spring mounts/bump stops/etc?

Right I think I'm going to go for the H&R - is it worth changing/uprating any other bits (apart from dampers) whilst the springs are being done - spring mounts/bump stops/etc?

not sure mate, it actually might be on a 2004 depending on miles of course?

Mine sits exactly like V16's black one, the sportlines definatelly lower more on the front than the H&R 50's

only done 35k but 6 years old so some rubber items might have seen better days

price it up mate if they aren't too expensive then changing them while putting the springs in would be ideal but not essential of course

Ive got the eibach sport lines as they lowered it the most you get rubber bumpstops with them in the box. I am very happy with mine and the ride comfort is no different really to the audi springs but alot better round corners and alot less body roll.

Hi all, hate to hijack but seemed to make more sense than starting a new thread.

I have a Black Edition (2.0 Tdi 170)and would like it a bit lower. I'd rather not spend a fortune and was thinking along the spring route. Damian - you seem to be the man in the know on this, how much lower would the car sit approx if I were to change the S Line springs with some of the DPM ones? What alternatives are there to this if I want it a little lower?

I don't mind a sporty ride - but I do 20k miles a year and I'm fond of my teeth!

I do 20k miles a year and have a 53 plate 8P 2.0TDi that's now on 172,000 miles...

Wait for it...

On the original shocks!!!

I had a broken rear spring about 18 months ago so swapped them all for H&R -35's from Damian. With Eibach anti-roll bars front and rear the handling is second to none.

BUT... Some of the coils touch each other so the ride is pretty harsh on crap roads.

I've been in an A4 on Eibach Sportlines. Handling wasn't quite as good, but ride was much softer!!

HTH Tim

Sorry to jump onto this post. I just bought the Eibach pros, but didnt get any bumpstops etc. Should i of done?

Also can anyone recommend someone to fit them in the birmingham area?

Cheers

Sorry to jump onto this post. I just bought the Eibach pros, but didnt get any bumpstops etc. Should i of done?

Also can anyone recommend someone to fit them in the birmingham area?

Cheers

No mate it's not essential just something maybe worth doing when the suspension is out anyways

So do I just stick with OEM Audi top mounts and bump-stops or can you upgrade these too?
Is it best to just get them from Audi or is there another supplier?

Dropped with eibach sportlines you get a car nice stance and looks good

i had Eibachs before my KW coilovers and they gave a better ride than the standard S-Line springs, the drop was 30mm which wasn't very noticable to be honest so thats why i went with KW coilovers, currently on a 50mm drop.

The ride with the KW's is actually on par with the standard S-Line springs.

i had Eibachs before my KW coilovers and they gave a better ride than the standard S-Line springs, the drop was 30mm which wasn't very noticable to be honest so thats why i went with KW coilovers, currently on a 50mm drop.

The ride with the KW's is actually on par with the standard S-Line springs.

Any pictures mate? Would love to see it as I've 50mm H&R but would consider the coils next year

Eibach Sportlines on my S-line. i'd say about 20mm down on the rear and 35mm on the front

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg