1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 tdi S-line Quattro misfire

Atcrider Nov 27, 2018

1. Atcrider

Atcrider New Member

Hi all, hoping to you guys can help me out a bit.
    I've got a 2007 a4 2.0 tdi (170 BRD engine) with around 170000 miles on the clock which seems to have somewhat of an intermittent misfire. I doesn t always do it, and when it's right up to running temperature it's fine. There's no engine management lights and no limp mode, it just 'coughs' every few seconds when idling. No codes come up with my scanner, I'm hoping to het it on vcds at the weekend but would like some pointers on where I should be looking? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mm707

mm707 Member

Mine's the same, runs rough when cold.Digging around it seems that if you get your cam timing adjusted and egr mapped out it will fix it.
    I think , but I could be wrong, the egr only functions before the engine reaches normal running temperature.

4. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member

Mine does that too (BUL engine) - but all the time, not just when cold. Almost imperceptible (but it annoys me) - like it 'misses a beat' randomly when idling. No evidence of a misfire anywhere else in normal (or spirited) driving. Maybe one of those things that just has to be lived with...... :grumpy:

5. Atcrider

Atcrider New Member

Thanks for the replies I've continued to search this, I've found a fair bit about injector seals & bolts and also the tandem pump seal.
    I guess my biggest fear is if it's an injector going down and the damage it can do. I've not had it on vcds yet, been let down on that by the looks.
    It's just a bit of a nuisance as I'm sure as it coughs it's loading the dpf up quite rapidly. I'll report back with any more findings