2.0 tdi remapped.

danclarke

2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep
Reaction score
hi, iv had my a3 2.0 tdi 140bhp for 3 weeks now, last week i had it remapped by custom code and now it slips the clutch when you try to put the power down, its just ticked over 100,000 so is probably due a new clutch but just incase i put just a standard clutch in i wanna know if the standard clutch can take the torque or it will slip again? or what clutch should i put in to eliminate the slipping? cheers, dan.

@ N8KOW I have uprated the clutch three times now.

@danclarke If you need to fit a new clutch fitting another stock clutch is a waste of money. Both Sachs and Helix make uprated clutches and are very good. Most tuning companies should be able to sort you out with a clutch and any good garage that is capable of fitting a new stock clutch should be able to fit an uprated version as the parts size and fitments are justs the same as the stock clutch.

cheers for that mikeyboy thats answered my question,so a sachs or helix clutch it is! thanks again. is it common for the clutches slipping after remap on the tdi's?

cheers for that mikeyboy thats answered my question,so a sachs or helix clutch it is! thanks again. is it common for the clutches slipping after remap on the tdi's?

When you get a clutch just make sure you get one with an organic drive disc not a sintered or PUK disc. The stock clutch is the weakest point on a VAG diesel car as they are only rated to 300lb torque and don`t like remaps or to be abused-driven hard.