2.0 tdi passenger door lock fault 3 door 2007

WALTO TDI

Reaction score
Hi guys I feel like my car is falling apart!!
i also have a problem where by the passenger door can not be opened from the outside after it has been locked by the key fob. If it is opened from the inside manually then the door handle on the outside is functional again.
A scan shows that the lock mechanism and solenoid (same part) is at fault.
Does any one know how much a new unit will cost? And where the best place to get one from?

cheers

Dejavous, its £143 for new lock, it needs removing & cleaning.

My existing one needs removing and cleaning? If so what's the best way to clean it and which part of it?

thanks Nigel

Take it out & take apart, then check for crap build up & clean, I did advise this before tbh, it may save you £143.

Thanks Nigel, I must of missed this before. I will take it off at work tomorrow and give it a good clean. Wd40 ok to use on the inside of the lock mech? Is there any other issue I should watch out for when reinstalling the lock?

cheers

the problem is that the bottom actuator on the bottom limit switch within the lock is not returning to the correct position and engaging the external handle

how can this be freed off??

Microswitch I assume?

Pics would be a help.

The pic shows the arrow of the part that is not returning. its not the actual limit switch is is the actuator that pushes the limit switch in? therefore with this not returning it is making the external handle mechanism not return so the door handle from outside will not work. Lock

Want to make the pic any smaller lol.

I'd be interested to see if you get this resolved cheaply because my rear passenger door does this now, it's fine when you open it from the inside and then shut it, then re-open it... not a problem. But when it's been locked, try and open it, not a chance - although on one occasion I have opened it by quickly "flapping" the handle for a few seconds!

Mines does exactly the same as above on my 5 door on the Leon I had we saturated the lock in IPA as it evaporates unlike wd40 that leaves a film

I've just purchased a second had one off the good old auction site. £25 delivered so hoping for it to come tomorrow or Tuesday!