2.0 tdi or 2.0 tfsi ??

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
Thinking of going for an A5 as I rarely have more than 2 people in the car at any one time.
It will be a quattro for sure as it's not really worth having an Audi if it isn't lol, but the main thing for me is am I real sensible and get the dirty diesel or should I go purring petrol?

I know there's always the whole diesel is more expensive at the pumps so it sort of evens out debate but I don't want to go petrol if in actual fact the real world mpg is miles away from the official quoted figures...:blink:

I have a 2.0TFSi 225hp quattro A4. Around town I get upper 20s on a run I get about 36mpg.
It depends on how many miles you do in it. Town or on a run etc.

The car I'm interested in is a 2012 face lift car so I was under the impression that they had improved on the fuel economy?
Thanks for the info :icon thumright:

Mine is a 2014 with ea888 Gen3 engine this engine has direct and behind the intake valve injection. This helps stop carbon build up you hear so much about. This engine hasn't suffered the oil burning issue either from the slack piston rings.

Yeah I've read up on the high oil consumption issue! loads of non Audi salesmen trying to tell me that it's the b7's that suffer from it not the 2011 car that they can't shift lol! Only seen one advert in a garage that states that their car has had the work done...