2.0 TDi Mystery Coolant Loss

I can imagine this is really frustrating. I was quite angry when I first heard about the porous cylinder head problem. Does the pressure test take into account the heater matrix circuit? Any damp footwells or misting up inside when you turn on the heater/air-con? A dodgy thermostat caused the coolant loss issue in my car. A new thermostat and housing sorted it.

Well head gasket was done nearly 2 weeks ago and last week it used over a litre!
I found that my reservoir tank would only leak once car got to 90 degrees, something to do with the plastc and rubber expanding when hot and the leak would begin, but once cool it wouldn't leak, change the reservoir tank buddy

Hi ive got a 2007 BMN Seat altea 170 tdi. Has been losing coolant. Some pressure in tank, open it up the level comes up but lower than when i started. Not much coming out of exhaust. Temp fine. Passed sniff test. Started emptying the bottle this week.
My mechanic found the leak quickly. Plastic housing at the back of the engine. Need to take th3 airbox off. 2 seals less than 20 quid and on the shelf which means it is probably a common problem. I will find out the exact part.
Dont google and panic..