2.0 TDI - impressed

Macduff

Reaction score
Just had a 2.0 TDI 140 Avant S-line as a courtesy car while our 1.9 TDI 130 Sport was in being serviced.

I must say that I was very impressed. It's been about 2.5 years since I drove an A3 with that engine but doing a straight back to back with mine it is clear how diesels have moved forward in refinement and driveability. It's amazing how smoothly it develops power with very little lag and easily reving through to 4.5k. The 1.9 feels agricultural in comparison.

The overall feel of the car was nicer too with the ride being smoother even on 18" wheels. Our Sport can be a bit crashy over bumps and that's on 17"s.

One thing I didn't like was the seats. Couldn't get a comfortable position but overall a definite improvement over my B6

Just have to start saving now for a 170 Quattro Avant . . .

Macduff said:
Just had a 2.0 TDI 140 Avant S-line as a courtesy car while our 1.9 TDI 130 Sport was in being serviced.

I must say that I was very impressed. It's been about 2.5 years since I drove an A3 with that engine but doing a straight back to back with mine it is clear how diesels have moved forward in refinement and driveability. It's amazing how smoothly it develops power with very little lag and easily reving through to 4.5k. The 1.9 feels agricultural in comparison.

The overall feel of the car was nicer too with the ride being smoother even on 18" wheels. Our Sport can be a bit crashy over bumps and that's on 17"s.

One thing I didn't like was the seats. Couldn't get a comfortable position but overall a definite improvement over my B6

Just have to start saving now for a 170 Quattro Avant . . .

I have to agree about the seats - absolutely awful.