2.0 tdi DSG oil leak

rickyquicky

Reaction score
can anyone help?

8P 2.0 tdi DSG 2005

my car went in for an MOT last month and the guy said it looks like there may be a minor oil leak coming from somewhere as the bottom of the engine was quite greasy.

my mate who used to be a mechanic had a quick look under the car and thinks it might be the gearbox oil rather than the engine as the oil looked very clean.

i dont really know how to describe it, but the oil is golden and 'clean' (diesel engine oil is normally quite sooty isnt it?) and is all over the bottom of the engine, you cant see where it coming from.

it doesnt actually drip when parked up, but it does seem there is definately a small leak of some sort going on.

are there any common oil leaks on 2.0 tdi?

or the DSG box? whats it likely to be?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, am worried!

Could just be a worn seal on the inspection plug mate, just get them to replace the plug with new seal aswell & see what occurs, ideally would need an oil level inspection done on the dsg to make sure its ok, I have greasy dirt on bottom of my engine, hasnt bothered me to much, but in your case if worried do as suggested to alleviate worry & ask them to check levels again say a few weeks later to see if its losing anyway after original inspection.

Make sure if its low they use the proper DSG oil not some halfords crap, it is specific so make sure.

thanks mate, :thumbsup:

we've gotta get under the car properly and take a look...but as long as the DSG boxes arent famous for serious leaks then its not too bad!

Havnt heard of any dsg leaks tbh.