1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TDI cylinder heads

Beenie Oct 5, 2019

1. Beenie

Beenie Member

Afternoon all,

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light of the issue for me.

I believe I may have a cracked head on my bkd A3, although it could be just a head gasket failure, I won't know until I strip it down. So, I plan to buy another head just incase, worst case scenario, while it's stripped I can replace the head there and then.

But my issues comes from sourcing a replacement head. I'm tight, plus I'm saving for a house so it makes more sense to spend a little than a lot, anyway...... typing in "bkd cylinder head" into eBay brings up some questionable results. Other engine codes are mentioned as compatible but when internet searching for compatibility I can't find much.

Jeez I waffle, ok simple question, Are BKD heads the same as AZV, BLD, BKP, BMN, etc etc?

Is the prefix "A, B or C" at the end of the part number the same on all heads? Obviously with the bkd you want the C prefix as it's less likely (although not impossible) to crack, so with a BMN head is it the same deal?

If anyone could help I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. bobby singh

bobby singh BSR Gold Supporter VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 quattro

Buy a AMC head if you really want to fix this problem. Buy a VW head (even C version) is a waste of time, they all crack over time.
    Have a look on German ebay you can get a head with valves for around £650 iirc

Cheers