2.0 Tdi BKD remap questions , help please

Niteflite

Reaction score
Have a well serviced Bkd 140, now i hear a remap is worth doing as going from a Pd130 this seems a bit flat, Dont want to go mad but can someone help with the best one to go for, live in Cornwall way down so not a lot of places offer them, several mobile guys around though, how do i know im getting a decent map? any help appreciated. Thanks

I believe the biggest tuner of repute in Cornwall is Celtic tuning, Think they are near Newquay.
https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/contact/form
Karl, I do hope that CT upped their game since Iast time I had a look at Martin's/fj twelve old a6 tdi map file that they modified ! For generic maps one can give them a try however there are better outfits out there for Custom maps ! I would go to Rick at Unicorn Racing or Bobby Sing at BSR if you want a custom tuned map, nothing comes close in uk !
To the OP, I would drive to a place than have a mobile mapping session done just because it's convenient ! A tuning box needs a TUV certificate in order to be sold in Germany, a remap doesn't as the original file is made by Bosch and who knows what changes the remap does ! Also don't expect huge gains from big names shops, chances are they are playing safe and use and off the shelf remap to cover their backs !

CT are one of those outfits that are happy to publish dyno graphs , however the figures are optimistic as the dyno hasn't been set up correctly and every car stock figure and thus remap figure is generous giving a false reading.

According to them...

A 138 bhp 2.0 tdi PD is 151.5 bhp and remaps to 188.8 bhp .

A 130 bhp 1.9 tdi PD is 144.4 bhp and remaps to 189.2 bhp .

Reactions: Niteflite
Hi all
Thanks for the info. Yes have looked at Celtic tuning, will try them and check it out. Also possibly could look at a dtuk box i guess

Been offered this says pd crd though. Mine is bkd pd, will this fit OK
IMG 0307

Was used on a seat, would i need different cables

Was used on a seat, would i need different cables

It says Pumpe Duse on the box which is for a BKD engine. If it is off a SEAT, I don't think you would need a different cable, especially if the SEAT also used a BKD engine.

Reactions: Niteflite