2.0 TDI back box delete.... How loud?

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi guys recently fitted an s3 rear valance to my sport back now the tips arnt that visible so looking and getting them modified again, BUT should I just get the back box removed while I'm at it?

Does it sound loud, and do you get the annoying droning sound inside the car?

Thanks

not loud at all in the tdi...just a nice whooshing noise when you accelerate and lift off

Like the sound of that, I just don't want to go back to the loud boy racer days with it doing your head in!

Not loud at all, I have a custom 2.5 stainless cat back, so back box delete and center box delete. It sounds a bit deeper than standard at idle, and a bit louder on power but quite nice, and some lovely turbo noise on lift off :)

This mod is a definitely a one to do, I bought a second hand custom pipe from the catback no centre box or backbox, it's a nice deep tone and a whistle when you dump it off at boost, a mate of mine had a full decat on his and that was to loud for my liking so if your just after a nice tone this is the way to go, it cost me about £200 in all to buy and have the pipe fitted cheap mod for what you get :)