2.0 tdi 140/170 difference..........??

Jack_tdi

Reaction score
i have just bought an a3 2.0tdi 140 quattro i didnt get a 170 as insirance was going to be another 300 quid

i was wondering what the difference is between the two to be increased by 30 horsepower?? is it a turbo??

Thanks Jack

i have just bought an a3 2.0tdi 140 quattro i didnt get a 170 as insirance was going to be another 300 quid

i was wondering what the difference is between the two to be increased by 30 horsepower?? is it a turbo??

Thanks Jack

Wow thats a huge difference, i only pay just over 300 in total for my 140 tdi!

£300 difference seems like a lot for esentially the same car.

Having driven both the 170 for me is much punchier! good pull through each gear. The 140 seemed more of a cruiser and made a lot more noise than the power it was actually delivering. But yeah the turbo and a few bits and bobs are the diffrence not sure if you can covert the 140 into a 170 or not. Bet some of the guys on here can let you know all about that.

It was 300 more because im 21 with 5 points :/ and a split blame claim to declare.
Can i just put new injectors and a turbo on and it will be the same?
I know i can just map mine to 170 but the 170 standards map to 200 :)

It was 300 more because im 21 with 5 points :/ and a split blame claim to declare.
Can i just put new injectors and a turbo on and it will be the same?
I know i can just map mine to 170 but the 170 standards map to 200 :)

celtictuning

Audi A3 (03>) 2.0 TDi PD 138 bhp

ORIG MOD +/-
Power (Bhp) 138 188 +50
Torque (Lbft) 236 300 +64

Fuel Type Diesel Engine Capacity (cc) 1968
Mobile Service Available Economy Map Available
eMotion Available Moneyback Guarantee

Request a QuoteAdditionalCharts
The 2.0 TDi engine supersedes the early 1.9 unit to take power and refinement to the next level. Using VW’s highly acclaimed PD injection system and the latest EDC16 ECU controllers, the stock outputs on these are impressive even as standard. With 2025 bar injection pressure these engines produce high torque at low loads and enable great gains to be had from tuning. The 138bhp (140PS) variant easily achieves 188bhp with little effort, for those wishing to achieve more we have the knowledge and skills to take these to the 300bhp figure.

We develop all of our software on the rolling road to ensure accuracy in terms of both power delivery and also to ensure fuelling, boost pressures and exhaust gas temperatures are all within tolerance. Our aim is for maximum power whilst maintaining optimum reliability.

the cr engin in the 140 is sooooooooo much better.
cheaper to run ( inc tax)
just as quick as the pd

I have 170 one. Beside all that you guys wrote there is short shift gearbox in 170HP (maybe 140HP has these as well as I know it isn't the same). And Dont know why... 170HP is 100kg heavier regarding the data sheet on audi web page. And 170HP has 8.1 to 100km/h and 140 one 9.1... So 1s less!