2.0 T FSI Quattro 57 plate

Macdoon

Reaction score
Hi gang

Bit of info needed, i'm looking at a 2.0T FSI (57) Quattro with 61k on the clock, lots of goodies with it, but what do I need to look for/need to know, it's being sold by Audi so will have the warranty. Should i be asking anything from Audi. long time since i owned a petrol Audi (about 12 yrs).

TIA

Mac

Make sure it's had the coil pack recall done..Think its revision "F". Also check if it's due for a cambelt water pump change, if so get them to do it as part of the deal.

Make sure it's had the coil pack recall done..Think its revision "F". Also check if it's due for a cambelt water pump change, if so get them to do it as part of the deal.

Thanks i'll look into those.

cambelt change at 115000 so no worries there.

Since its from an Audi dealer, ask to see the full history on their database and see if its had any warranty claims.

Finding it difficult to find a decent B7 Quattro, what your views on a non Quattro 2.0T FSI and upgrading the RARB? Plenty non Quattro's with lots of toys around.

Mac

Just had a similar search to yourself and managed to find one after a lot of looking. Had to go for a saloon tho as the avants were like hen's teeth with the right spec. Have seen a silver 57 plate one at M25 Audi at a pretty good price and fully loaded.

The petrol versions seem to be pretty reliable, but i'd certainly go for the quattro if you can find one, i tried both and the quattro just felt more sure footed. Mind you, i came from a Scoob STI, so am used to 4wd.

Just had a similar search to yourself and managed to find one after a lot of looking. Had to go for a saloon tho as the avants were like hen's teeth with the right spec. Have seen a silver 57 plate one at M25 Audi at a pretty good price and fully loaded.

The petrol versions seem to be pretty reliable, but i'd certainly go for the quattro if you can find one, i tried both and the quattro just felt more sure footed. Mind you, i came from a Scoob STI, so am used to 4wd.

Well done fella, they certainly are a rare beast. So the search goes on.

Hi gang

Bit of info needed, i'm looking at a 2.0T FSI (57) Quattro with 61k on the clock, lots of goodies with it, but what do I need to look for/need to know, it's being sold by Audi so will have the warranty. Should i be asking anything from Audi. long time since i owned a petrol Audi (about 12 yrs).

TIA

Mac

Hi,

I bought an 05 reg TFSI Quattro 4 weeks ago and have had a couple of issues, admittedly mine is high mileage (110k) but these might still be of use, just in case you come across anything similar:

1) Performance was very sluggish (I'd estimate it was missing around 40bhp). Some very helpful folk on here pointed me to a failed diverter valve. Got that replaced and the difference is staggering, it's like having a remap compared to how it was before. Part was only £50 off ebay.

2) Last week I lost all oil pressure. :ohmy:
My first thought was oil pump, but it turned out to be the oil pickup tube which was totally clogged/blocked. I got this replaced under warranty from the place I bought it from, so not sure what it cost (I don't think it was mega-expensive though, as it's basically just an L-shaped metal tube with a gauze filter at one end).

Since my 05 car was built, I believe both parts have been redesigned to be less prone to these issues, though I'm not sure exactly when they started fitting the respective newer designs. If you're looking a bit newer & lower mileage than me then I doubt you'll encounter these anyway, but just something to look out for :)