2.0 CR Re-map

frenchy2475

Tetbury Audi Parts Man
Reaction score
I had my 140 tdi cr A3 remapped yesterday at P-Torque up in Wolverhampton and wow what a difference!

It just pulls so strongly now with no drop in power right till it hits the limiter just after 5k. Even low down the rev range feels much better with a bit more added torque which it just lacked in standard form. Dosnt seem to have affected the fuel consumption in normal driving.

Im so chuffed with it, anybody of thinking of doing it go for it you will not regret it. :arco:

Si

Despite what I've said about remaps in the past, as I'm going from a 170 to a 140 CR engine with my new Sportback, I may even consider one.

The only one I have details of so far is by Chipped UK who have quoted £380, but £325 for a forum member. How much did your P-Torque one cost?

Hi Dave, well I got it for a very good price as im a bit of a regular at p-torque but he is very competitive so im sure he could equal or better these prices.

He was telling me that he had an edc16 ecu shipped over from germany so he could start development asap. He certainly knows his stuff. On the way home tonight Im getting 2mpg more than I usually do usually

ill certainly vouch for Wills credentials certainly knows his stuff and this type of one man band (in a good way) is far more likely to get my hard earned.

Frenchy, what figures did you get & lets see the graph.......

I cant show any graphs as wills dyno is having probs with these new A3s its something to do with the car cutting back the power if it cant see the back wheels spinning too. But he estimates at +40hp and tbh I can quite believe it the way it goes:drool:

I cant show any graphs as wills dyno is having probs with these new A3s its something to do with the car cutting back the power if it cant see the back wheels spinning too. But he estimates at +40hp and tbh I can quite believe it the way it goes:drool:

Wow so there is no way you can get decent figures then?

I am also really considering have a remap for £355 fitted from amdessex. Adds around 45bhp/55lbs - so you say its defo worth getting?!

Is it recommended to let a new car 'run-in' before attempting any remap.

I spoke to my sales guy this afternoon and he recommended a chap based in Cambridge that he has used many times in the past. He has almost all of the cars he drives personally done by this chap. He trades under the name of Torquebhp.co.uk. Don't know any prices yet.

I asked about the effect on the warranty on a new car and he said not to worry about it - they would take it into account even if I had engine problems.

Is it recommended to let a new car 'run-in' before attempting any remap.

I spoke to my sales guy this afternoon and he recommended a chap based in Cambridge that he has used many times in the past. He has almost all of the cars he drives personally done by this chap. He trades under the name of Torquebhp.co.uk. Don't know any prices yet.

I asked about the effect on the warranty on a new car and he said not to worry about it - they would take it into account even if I had engine problems.

I would go with one of the tuners that has a good reputation on the whole, id skip the whole "we post you a DIY tool to map" companies as they are no cheeper and at least with the likes of Will @ P Torque you get a one to one bespoke service an rolling road runs.

I had my 140 tdi cr A3 remapped yesterday at P-Torque up in Wolverhampton and wow what a difference!

It just pulls so strongly now with no drop in power right till it hits the limiter just after 5k. Even low down the rev range feels much better with a bit more added torque which it just lacked in standard form. Dosnt seem to have affected the fuel consumption in normal driving.

Im so chuffed with it, anybody of thinking of doing it go for it you will not regret it. :arco:

Si
As your an Audi man yourself, can you advise what the official Audi line is on remaps and warranty ?

I'm considering getting a Custom code remap in the next few months. Also, how much did this increase your insurance by....if you advised them..

Are you swapping out any engine parts to cope with the remap...clutch etc ?

I would go with one of the tuners that has a good reputation on the whole, id skip the whole "we post you a DIY tool to map" companies as they are no cheeper and at least with the likes of Will @ P Torque you get a one to one bespoke service an rolling road runs.

I understand that is just exactly the service this chap offers. I'm sure Will at P-torque is very good and I may well use him but he cannot be the only one in the whole of the UK. My sales guy has been working for the dealers for 12 years and knows his Audis and has usually drivers a TT of some descriptions. He says he has tried all sorts of tuners in the past including the likes of AmD, Star Performance, Revo etc and he reckons he gets a better result from this chap because it's always done on a one to one basis. It seems the service is very similar to P-Torque. You discuss with him what you want and he then does the business. The chap is going to give me a ring and I see what sort of impression I get.

Well I have just received an email from the chap my dealer was recommending. He reckons the 140 CR diesel could be taken to 185bhp and from 320 to 390 Nm torque and will a small increase in mpg, which all sounds fine so far.

The only problem is the price - £500+vat which is a lot more than ChippedUK who are quoting £325 for a forum member and P-Torque who, don't yet quote for the 140CR on their website but do have a price of £395 for a BMW with the lastest EDC17 ECU as used on the Audi CD diesel engines.

I shall have to email P-Torque for a definte quote.

Well I have just received an email from the chap my dealer was recommending. He reckons the 140 CR diesel could be taken to 185bhp and from 320 to 390 Nm torque and will a small increase in mpg, which all sounds fine so far.

The only problem is the price - £500+vat which is a lot more than ChippedUK who are quoting £325 for a forum member and P-Torque who, don't yet quote for the 140CR on their website but do have a price of £395 for a BMW with the lastest EDC17 ECU as used on the Audi CD diesel engines.

I shall have to email P-Torque for a definte quote.

Give Will a shout and tell him Frenchy recomended him, Im sure he will give you a good deal.

Give Will a shout and tell him Frenchy recomended him, Im sure he will give you a good deal.

I emailed Will Spooner this evening and said several members of this forum spoke very highly of his work on their cars without mentioning any names in particular.

I have just had a reply from him quoting £345 all in which does seem very reasonable, especially when compared with £500+vat.

Looks like I may well be taking a trip to Wolverhampton in the not too distant future.

Presumably it would be better to at least put some miles on the car when I get it before any remap is carried out?

Its up to you Dave but tbh I dont think it really matters. Even in standard form manufacturers always say to run in for the first 500miles. But its entirely up to you.

Hi mate, it's good to hear that you like your remap. As you know, I also had my car remapped at P-Torque per your recommendation. I am happy with the power increase but I am having a few probs since the remap. :(

Have you experienced anything similar to the below?

slightly rough idle, rev needle is still
beep on ignition start (sometimes) without errors/warning lights
over run on ignition switched off (sometimes) - banging/knocking from engine after ignition off, as if it's trying to continue idling
engine fan on much more than usual when you wouldn't expect it, typically after a good high speed (50mph+) run in high gear, without harsh driving, after ignition off

I initially sent an e-mail to Will re these problems and he said that 100% nothing to do with the remap, but as this car is less than 2 mths old and it was fine before the remap a few weeks ago, I can't see it being anything else other than the remap.

Thanks
Scott

I'm not sure how realistic 185bhp is, i'd wouldn't expect any more than a 30-35bhp increase on a CR-140.

I was tempted to do mine a few months ago but put it on hold for a while, i've now done almost 8,000 miles and it feels like a completely different car now to when it was new, it just keeps getting better and better. I've also noticed the car hasn't used one drop of oil in the last 8k miles.

I'm not sure how realistic 185bhp is, i'd wouldn't expect any more than a 30-35bhp increase on a CR-140.

I was tempted to do mine a few months ago but put it on hold for a while, i've now done almost 8,000 miles and it feels like a completely different car now to when it was new, it just keeps getting better and better. I've also noticed the car hasn't used one drop of oil in the last 8k miles.

don't most 140's produce more than the standard figure usually anyway, so say they're actually running 150-155, then 185 after a remap seems much more realistic. i'd love to get mine dyno'd soon.

don't most 140's produce more than the standard figure usually anyway, so say they're actually running 150-155, then 185 after a remap seems much more realistic. i'd love to get mine dyno'd soon.

Maybe 2 or 3bhp but not 15bhp! That would be inaccurate dyno that gave those figures.

Simon - as discussed i'm defo doing this. You sound pretty pleased with the results.............

PS people - the only remap peeps I know of in Scotland are Star Performance - can anyone else recommend any more - I live in Vegas.

Oh yes, totally different car to drive:thumbsup:

I agree, it is a very good drive before, but after it is totally amazing - small problems aside. No rush Si, but do you know when you're getting the faults checked? Jw.

Best wishes
Scott

Cool! That's good, thanks mate. Now I gotta see when I can go to Will and get it checked for faults, rather than make Audi aware just yet.

Could you do me another quick favour, Si, and see if any techs know what a knocking/banging noise would/could be after switching a 2.0 TDI off? Many thanks.