1st Service Questions

amlaS3

Reaction score
Got 1st service due and I have a few issues, both myself and with the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

I have done approx 880 miles and have read the 1000 mile service is important.

1/I have to go to foooking Birmingham next week Saturday, I work in central london and never use the car in the week.

So basically I will be doing 100-150 miles over the 1000.

Will this effect the car in any way?????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2/ What is involved in a this service and how much should it cost, from main dealer obviously?

Just got home and too blocked to think of all the questions I wanted to ask on the train!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Better go

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

Going a bit over probably isn't too much of a worry if it can't be avoided...

Your service manaul will give you a full breakdown of what is done on the first service so have a read of that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for cost, no idea but just call up your local dealer and ask them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1000 mile service ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Never had that on mine. Had to run it in to that amount and then onto 5000.

My 1st Service was on AVS (Audi Variable Service) at @ 10K cost was about £2-300, see jukesters thread, it has a basic breakdown of whats involved or have a look in the service booklet.

Hey, your right!

Am just looking at my service book and after the Delivery Inspection the first full service was 15k miles....

This first service is still done by a lot of dealers, normally for free. They don't do much besides changing oil and checking if the car is OK, it's also a good time to have them fix problems the car came with (f.e. on mine the window switch didn't work).
Not sure if it is necessary or not, it dates back to the time when cars came with special oil for running them in that had to be replaced after the break-in period.
The argument is that in the first 1000 miles some shavings and other things from inside your new engine fall into the oil and it has to be replaced to avaid these things damaging the engine. But since engines come broken in these days, I don't really think that it's a must.
But hey, if it's free, why not?