1st problem on new car after picking up today

jonnyj

Reaction score
Cannot believe iv got problem with new 16 mile car already :sob:

My Pop up screen keeps shutting off when radio is on driving along and sometimes pops back up on own after few seconds or I press menu/radio button and pops back up

Message on screen says mmi is currently switched off and cannot be used WHOT

And sometimes the radio will just mute itself and I just got to press mute off on wheel to get back on

whots all this crap on a new car

Oh dear mate, sorry to hear this.

If it’s any consolation my cars done 6k miles and the screen plays up now and again but it always rights itself
Is this like a common problem with the MMI system on audi then buddy
And even with only 6k on your car This should not happen when spending this much money though mate

it like starts around 10 minutes after starting trip and just keeps going in and out and muting the sound

really gets on your tits mate

I had this happen just once on my PFL in 2.5 yrs, nothing yet with the new car (fingers crossed)
I know Brian has intermittent issues with this happening on his car and the MMI screen going up and down, switching off and on.

Reactions: jonnyj
Is this like a common problem with the MMI system on audi then buddy
And even with only 6k on your car This should not happen when spending this much money though mate

it like starts around 10 minutes after starting trip and just keeps going in and out and muting the sound

really gets on your tits mate

I’ve no idea mate. It’s fefi not good. TKe it back to the dealership and let them have a look, I know it used to be an issue on A3s I little while ago.
Last time mine ****** up it froze half way down and pressing the manual button in the dash did nothing so left the car for about an hour and then turned it on and it was still doing nothing so I tapped the top of the screen very very gently and it dropped down with such a ****** bang I thought it was definitely tits.
Next morning when I went to the car I turned the ignition on and it was all good lol

I’ve no idea mate. It’s fefi not good. TKe it back to the dealership and let them have a look, I know it used to be an issue on A3s I little while ago.
Last time mine ****** up it froze half way down and pressing the manual button in the dash did nothing so left the car for about an hour and then turned it on and it was still doing nothing so I tapped the top of the screen very very gently and it dropped down with such a ****** bang I thought it was definitely tits.
Next morning when I went to the car I turned the ignition on and it was all good lol
Got it booked in tomorrow but don't have good vibes as once dealers have got your money :bye:

dam that's lucky with yours

Reactions: Deep penetrator
If you search on here there is a way to reset the mmi unit, that may solve the problem.

Reactions: Deep penetrator and jonnyj
MMI reset:

PFL cars

Press and hold together:

MMI Menu button
MMI OK Button
Top Right selection button(tab)

Press all three together , hold then release for restart.

Newer ( 2017 onwards FL cars )

Press and hold together:

Nav/Map toggle ( push up )
Radio/ Media toggle ( push up )
Large round button wheel ( push in )

Press all three together, hold then release for restart.

Jungle

Reactions: Beebee-one, TYb, monopole and 1 other person
Jungle does this fix for good or just temporally until take to Audi
And you wont wipe anything from the drive or anything will you bud

Its a restart/reboot of the system. Like turning a PC on/off. You wont loose anything.

Its well worth a go to see if it resolves your gremlin. Its prob the first/second thing Audi will do after / before scanning your car via the OBD port with ODIS.

Reactions: jonnyj and T-800
Could be just a gremlin as Jungle says a reboot of the mmi system may ensure it goes away.

Wait until your steering wheel * button goes on strike

Reactions: zaka7, KKOG, Deep penetrator and 2 others
Its a restart/reboot of the system. Like turning a PC on/off. You wont loose anything.

Its well worth a go to see if it resolves your gremlin. Its prob the first/second thing Audi will do after / before scanning your car via the OBD port with ODIS.
Thanking you buddy will give it a blast tomorrow before taking to Audi
Save me a trip fingers crossed

Could be just a gremlin as Jungle says a reboot of the mmi system may ensure it goes away.

Wait until your steering wheel * button goes on strike

Not funny that Bud :help:

Whot have I got myself into going back to Audi lol

Reactions: T-800
Not funny that Bud :help:

Whot have I got myself into going back to Audi lol

Superb Cars........

Lousy dealerships that seem inept at everything they do.

Reactions: AudiNutta, KKOG and jonnyj
My second fault occurred yesterday. The exhaust valves stuck open. Some may think this is good thing but it’s not something I could put up with all the time.
After stopping and starting the car on my return trip it was back to normal. Those gremlins lurk everywhere.

Car went back in today and was looked at by a Master tech mechanic who said he had found no bad/fault codes on car so said he has re-set the MMI and will be no more problems with your new car

All happy on way back home and not a problem
Then went out 15 minutes after getting home to drop me old man down the Cake shop as you do lol
And it started again the screen shutting off and popping down and up again and if this did not happen the sound wood mute itself :sadlike:

Do Audi really know there Apples from pears

Car went back in today and was looked at by a Master tech mechanic who said he had found no bad/fault codes on car so said he has re-set the MMI and will be no more problems with your new car

Then went out 15 minutes after getting home to drop me old man down the Cake shop as you do lol
And it started again the screen shutting off and popping down and up again and if this did not happen the sound wood mute itself :sadlike:

Mate this must be very frustrating. If you go back to Audi they will only tell you to try and video it. I would not stand for this so get yourself back there mate.

Reactions: jonnyj
The guy said is there any way your accidentally pushing the mute button on wheel as your driving along though :wtf: and they have sent a report back to main audi that things are sorted I Just said I should not have to put up with this after paying out all that money and wont it sorted

they said just make a log when it happens and will ring you back when we can fit you in to have car for few days

That’s 15 minutes productivity bonus for the apprentice

30 mins allowed

10 mins trying to find where to plug machine in
4 mins finding out how to reset all
1 min to reset

15 mins profit for the apprentice

Someone’s £40000 + car doesn’t do what it should never mind “it all checked out ok”

Reactions: AudiNutta and Deep penetrator