1st Ireland/N.Ireland Meeting

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
:sign_welcome: all to the new Ireland/Northern Ireland section!

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to Sandra for taking the time to get this section set-up for us.

As we have already been discussing on the "Welcome Forum Section" I think it would be a great idea for us all agree upon a location that would suit everyone for meeting and getting to know fellow Audi-Sport members.

I think one suggestion for a location was Sprucefield, plenty of space and McDonald's does makes good coffee/tea which is important! :thumbsup:

If you can post your ideas and suggestions below we will try and get a 1st meeting organised!

Cheers
Shaun

Reactions: s3_trev and Sandra
Firstly, i would just like to echo what Shaun has said, i'd just like to thank Sandra and also Adam for taking the time to message me and get a Northern Ireland section together for us, without them this would not have been possible. :applaus:

I am really excited to be joining the Audi-Sport team and have lots of great ideas for our region. Not only meets and photoshoots but also the many car shows we have dotted around the country, 'Harmony Hill', 'Dubshed', 'Ultimate Car show' etc. Also further down the line we could collaborate with the Scottish or English guys for a meet, the possibilities are endless.

Myself and Shaun (Point_Audi) are your regional organisers, so if you have any ideas or issues please come to us and we will do our very best to assist you.

With regards to the first meet, Sprucefield is perfect for me, literally just up the road. As with everything else though, we will need to come to a 'majority agreement' before we can set anything in stone.

So please, by all means, fire up your ideas in this thread, we'll discuss them and get a meet sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks
Aaron :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
It's great to have this section up and runnings, again thanks to Sandra and all involved.

Sprucefield would suit me ok, being from Fermanagh i'm used to having to travel for things! I had a look at Google maps and was thinking maybe either Cookstown or Dungannon might be a bit more central? Any other suggestions?

The unfortunate thing for me is that i'm moving to South West England in July! But getting a meet in before I go would be cool :thumbsup:

Reactions: Sandra
Cookstown or Dungannon would be fine for me also am very easy! :) .. Definitely we need to get something organised soon!

Reactions: Sandra
Be good to see you guys having Your first meet soon. Im currently setting up a new group for you all to join. Few invites out already, im just looking at customising it a little. :) x

To the Southern guys...

Im sorry guys. Feel the need to apologise. Me and Shaun, living in Northern Ireland, it would not be feasible for us to travel down south for regular meets, its not a fact of being selfish, as obviously time and costs etc are a factor. At the same time, we wouldnt expect you guys to be rushing to a meet up North..

This is basically how i feel about this, i havent spoke to Shaun about it, he may have different views, i dont know. Although, thats not to say that we couldnt have a special meet now and again in the south for a bit of a road trip. Just what im trying to say is we arent just down the road from you guys so it would be difficult.

I did suggest to Sandra about splitting the region to North and South, meaning the southern guys will have their own Events team but as there were so few members it was declined for now.

Keep in touch and we will let you know whats happening

Thanks
Aaron.

That's understandable, mm if it's at a weekend il try get up there for the drive

Reactions: Brennan
I take the odd drive up to sprucefield too, maybe see ya up there lol

Reactions: ChristianCameron
Yes will keep an eye out for you! I actually work in the halfords in lisburn so call in some time!

needing 3mm spacer shims out of there so i might take you up on that offer lol

In that case you may take the ones I bought last week, won't need them with the new wheels! I'll be there at 6pm tomorrow if you're about

Thanks man, you sure? Im working late tomorrow night, crazy on a sunday i know. I can catch up with you during the week some time ?

Thanks man, you sure? Im working late tomorrow night, crazy on a sunday i know. I can catch up with you during the week some time ?