1st gear judder

Luke2.0tdi2010

Reaction score
I know this seems to be a common problem as it was the same with my old b7 and I've seen many threads relating to the infamous judder when pulling away in first gear, in some cases 2nd too!
On my b7 it would only start happening after sitting in traffic for a while using the clutch a lot. I was going to change the flywheel but ended up getting the b8 instead! Now it seems the b8 has got the same dreaded problem but seems to start doing it a lot quicker than my old one did!!
What my question is, is is this something that audi are likely to do under warranty or do you think they'll say it's wear and tear? (Mileage 46,000) Has anyone had this issue rectified under warranty?
Thanks in advance
Luke ...p.s the three is's seemed right at the time

Last edited:
It only happens on mine when it's cold and/or damp outside. Can't be bothered to repair mine, it's going next year hopefully.

Go to an indi garage and get a new one fitted and fight it out with Audi after. Otherwise Audi will say fetch it in and they will inspect it and say it isn't covered and spank you for doing so also then when it's in bits they will say put a new dmf & clutch in and hit you with a £1500 bill. I'd get in touch with the warranty and see if it's ok to get done elsehere they let me do that but after having it done I couldn't be bothered chasing it up. My bill was only £750-800ish so half of what Audi charge.

Hmm, interesting!
tbh I fancied a new clutch too, while it was 'in bits' thought I would go for a new clutch. So the warranty would still charge me? I've never had a warranty with ANY car I've ever bought so not really up on how it all works. Surely If I complain about the judder and they agree that the judder shouldn't be happening and is not 'wear and tear' then they fix the judder, weather it be clutch, dmfw, engine mount, whatever, with no extra charge?? (me being naive)
I have a really good friend who happens to be a really good mechanic, who for the last 5 years has been doing everything I needed done on my b7, at ridiculously cheap prices (i.e. cam belt and water pump - £80!!) I just thought that while I had a 'warranty' I'd use it, never knew i'd be likely to get stung even with a warranty!! (me being naive once again)
Also didn't realise I could get it done somewhere else and bill them??
Thanks for the input SI-W85

Like I say I would call up your warranty and ok it with them to get the work done elsewhere, it's just Audi if they were to do it they would need to strip it first and if they did decide it was warranty you would be ok no charge but if not they would have your pants down for the strip down and rite fair you'd end up getting them to do the rest as they already had it in bits. Hope you get it sorted and the warranty pay out for you. Maybe I should have chased mine but couldn't be bothered with the hassle lol