19mm Oil Catch CAn

S3_Olly

Full Throttle
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
just after a bit of advice.
I installed my oil Catch Can over a month ago now and i went to check it at the weekend and there was nothing in it which i found strange, i have checked all conections and there are no leaks or anything so im all out of ideas.
Is this normal or should i see something in there by now.

Olly

ok i have a question here which may or may not be related to this problem,

from what i have seen from the PVC simplification guides on here the jet pump is removed from the system which originally was used to help suck the crap out of the crankcase? Am i wrong in thinking this?

Could the jet pump not be left in there? It is plastic after all and doesn't degrade like the OEM pipework?

It's screwed all the way to the top and there isn't any oil below or round it it's perfectly clean, I'd know if there was oil as I'm abit of a clean freak lol

You won't always find oil in the catch can if no oil is actually being breathed out by the engine... for the most part its vapour... there may be a degree of oil in there but generally that its...

Oil would only normally be blown out at higher RPMs as the crank pressure rises... if you are getting a lot of oil in a catch can for any other reason it would raise concerns about the engine or the PCV installation itself... if the engine can't release its internal pressure it will find another way out... normally through the oil cap or seals surrounding it etc..

<tuffty/>

What's the jet pump????

The jet pump is the 3 way plastic jobber under the inlet manifold that most PCV delete procedures remove altogether..
pipes.jpg

<tuffty/>

Yes I mean iv had it installed for just over a month and there isn't a drop of anything in there do I was just concerned after the PVC delete and catch can install that I had done something wrong.
But if this is normal that's fine it's just I noticed either yours or westys thread and you had some oil residue there where as I haven't a drop lol.
Least I don't have to worry, I could tho do with a new pipe that comes from the oil filter that the oil grade hose attaches to if you know where I could get one from cheaper than Audi.

Olly

Assuming you have done the delete as per the guides on here, removed all the crappy pipes under the inlet (as pictured above) and there is no oil blowing out anywhere else then should all be good...

<tuffty/>

nice one thanks ill keep an eye on it, im doing quite alot to the car at the minute and just wanna keep on the right tack with everything.
Cheers