19K service done on the S3

Wondering Soul

Reaction score
So had my 19k mile service today, all was fine other than the alignment being out again. With the state of the roads here that's hardly a surprise, usually need it done every quarter!

Was wondering around the forecourt whilst waiting and was admiring the new TT and ended up having it for the day. Let me just say that I absolutely loved the thing!

The specific car was a 2.0 litre TDI ultra 6-speed manual with quite a lot of the options on it. Was very surprised at how quickly it could shift even after being given the heads up that it's very torquey! In dynamic the exhaust note was very nice and sounded great on the downshifts! Had a short motorway drive back to work where it really showed the torque in 5th and 6th! Overall setup of the car was very nice IMO, loved the overall feel of the ride and the turn in was very quick with dynamic steering selected. The steering felt much more connected than that in my S3 and the throttle response was great. Car was very comfortable in 'comfort' mode but steering was a little too loose in this mode for my liking.

Weather was horrendous here all day, heavy rain and fog most of the day which was a shame! This did give the opportunity to enjoy a few quite roundabouts though, where the car really showed its colours! Didn't think I would enjoy that car as much as I have to be honest, when I got back to the garage, he could tell I enjoyed the thing and I am getting a day in the 2.0 litre Quattro petrol as he couldn't stop talking about how much I would like that if I liked the diesel.

Will be looking forward to that day, maybe a TT S in the future..lol

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Martinbanshee
So had my 19k mile service today, all was fine other than the alignment being out again. With the state of the roads here that's hardly a surprise, usually need it done every quarter!

Was wondering around the forecourt whilst waiting and was admiring the new TT and ended up having it for the day. Let me just say that I absolutely loved the thing!

The specific car was a 2.0 litre TDI ultra 6-speed manual with quite a lot of the options on it. Was very surprised at how quickly it could shift even after being given the heads up that it's very torquey! In dynamic the exhaust note was very nice and sounded great on the downshifts! Had a short motorway drive back to work where it really showed the torque in 5th and 6th! Overall setup of the car was very nice IMO, loved the overall feel of the ride and the turn in was very quick with dynamic steering selected. The steering felt much more connected than that in my S3 and the throttle response was great. Car was very comfortable in 'comfort' mode but steering was a little too loose in this mode for my liking.

Weather was horrendous here all day, heavy rain and fog most of the day which was a shame! This did give the opportunity to enjoy a few quite roundabouts though, where the car really showed its colours! Didn't think I would enjoy that car as much as I have to be honest, when I got back to the garage, he could tell I enjoyed the thing and I am getting a day in the 2.0 litre Quattro petrol as he couldn't stop talking about how much I would like that if I liked the diesel.

Will be looking forward to that day, maybe a TT S in the future..lol
I have heard nothing but good things about this car so far....but the TT-S will be a boat load more than the S3....and by then they should have sorted the S3 out better.
Did you launch any torpedoes from the heads up digital display? :)

Reactions: Wondering Soul
I have heard nothing but good things about this car so far....but the TT-S will be a boat load more than the S3....and by then they should have sorted the S3 out better.
Did you launch any torpedoes from the heads up digital display? :)
Forgot to mention the HUD!! :p

Absolutely incredible. Thought there would be some sort of latency but I was really surprised by how immediate the response is, particularly on the RPM dial. Every little tiny change in engine noise is recorded on the digital output! Navigation was very nice as well, though I had seen that demonstrated on a Q7 before.

Yeah they will be/are a bit pricey, interestingly, as I was leaving and the after sales exec was talking about the car, I jokingly said if he doesn't stop talking it up I'll ask him for a swap! He then said, that to be honest there is very little difference between models with the same engine and he wouldn't bother with the S version, just spec a 2.0 TFSI Quattro and don't pay the S premium! I'll know in a few weeks when I've driven both :p

Reactions: PanamaS3
Hi, don't be fooled by the sales exec's comments regarding the differences...he just wants to shift a standard TT as there a loads of stock ones kicking about !!

I had a go in the standard TT with s tronic and as I had an S3 at the time it still felt great and was proper quick enough and cool with the dash etc, but if you ever get the chance to take out the TTS...well let's just say it blows the TT (and the S3) out of the water !!

I did consider sline TT Quattro but by the time you spec it up with the nice sports seats and other bits it gets pretty close to the TTS money.

Let's be honest though, you don't really Need 300/310bhp and the 230bhp is plenty good enough and if you fancy the change from the S3 to TT you will not be disappointed.

Let's be honest though, you don't really Need 300/310bhp and the 230bhp is plenty good enough and if you fancy the change from the S3 to TT you will not be disappointed.

No need for comments like that :wtf:

:sign ban::sign ban::sign ban::sign ban::sign ban::sign ban::sign ban::sign ban:

Reactions: PanamaS3, Gazwould, G-S3 and 3 others
the TT-S will be a boat load more than the S3...

I drove a TTS and an RS3 at an Audi VIP event, if they said I can take one home, hands down it would've been the TTS all day long. It's an absolute hoot to drive and just feels somewhere special to sit.

Reactions: Wondering Soul and PanamaS3
I drove a TTS and an RS3 at an Audi VIP event, if they said I can take one home, hands down it would've been the TTS all day long. It's an absolute hoot to drive and just feels somewhere special to sit.

Agree with this.
TTS is the best driving Audi I've had my hands on.

Some massive discounts available on the TT as it hasn't sold very well and dealers are stuck with lot's of stock. Seen over £5k - £7k off with some if you take finance.

I'm kind of inclined to agree with this! Although I haven't been out in the S model yet, I felt it much more of a 'drivers' car than my S3. The power was put down very well and conisistantly and the car feels much more connected to the road, the chassis is just great! The quick turn in and response from the throttle coupled with what I thought was really a rather great manual box, the car felt leagues more engaging than my S3.

I left feeling almost a little underwhelmed when I got back in my car!!

Some massive discounts available on the TT as it hasn't sold very well and dealers are stuck with lot's of stock. Seen over £5k - £7k off with some if you take finance.
Yeah I noticed that apart from the very large collection of diesel A1's my local dealer has, the next biggest stock count seems to be TT's!

.....Ok so let's not make this a TTS thread (although I'd be happy with that cause I got one lol)
But yeah, got to agree with these positive comments.
I too drove the RS3 and TTS back to back at an Audi showcase event and you obviously know which one I preferred....

out of interest #wondering Soul...how much did the 19k service cost you?

Looking forward to getting out in the 2.0 Quattro!
out of interest #wondering Soul...how much did the 19k service cost you?
Service cost £347.11 all in.

Included the usual oil and filter change, pollen filter change and the inspection or whatever. Only thing picked up was alignment being out slightly. Interestingly, the technician who had the car tidied my dashcam wiring for me by running it safely inside the pillar (as it was hugging the trim before) and also better securing my battery failover device adjacent to my previous placement near the internal fuse box.

I could quite easily live with 230 bhp,never use the 297 bhp so it's just knowing you have it,ie 297 bhp plus the S badge that peeps want

Never use the available 297 bhp , is like saying I've never used full throttle before.

Reactions: PanamaS3