1999 S4 cv flanges

sorry yes i should have explained i`m putting an S4 gearbox and rear diff with a 2litre 20v turbo engine into a mk2 golf, i have 2 Passat ADR 5spd driveshafts that are the perfect length but they use 108mm inner cvs , the S4 box i have uses 100mm, rather than cut the driveshaft to suit the box i was hoping i could change the flanges to suit 108mm cvs since it would be stronger

Get a thread over in the project room always like a read of a good old VW/audi conversion lol

The S4 box should have 108mm inners. You sure its not a normal 01A quattro box? Whats the code off the box?

Mark recently tried to fit 012 108mm flanges to a 01A box which came with 100mm flanges, and they wouldnt fit as the diff core is a different size.

the gearbox part number is 01E 301 211 c, i can get some pictures of it and the flanges if needed

So its defo an 01E then, does it say DSY on the top of the bellhousing flange or something else?

I can only imagine someones swapped the flanges out for some reason, or its not actually an S4 box, but perhaps one from an earlier S2 or an A4 2.5 TDI.

The flange part number you've given is actually from an A4 REAR diff, which seems a bit odd. However the A4 2.5TDI quattro gearbox had a 100mm drive flange, rather than 108 so it might be one of those.

Personally I think the flanges have been swapped because the right handside was only finger tight

Don't suppose you help out witha part no.
I've looked into using vr6 ones Part no. O2a 409 355 G these are 108mm cvs not sure on the internal spline though

01E409355 is the standard S4 drive flange

I very much doubt anything transverse will fit, they came from a totally different heritage and are basically a completely different family of tranmissions.

i`m going to to look in to it, i have a 51 plate 1.8t bora i`m going to strip down tomorrow i`ll take a look at its flanges, as its for free its worth a try, you`ll be surprised what vw mixed in the early days ie quattro diff in a mk2 golf syncro frame :)

016409355 fitted to a EUR rear diff 108mm cv's fit treat to the 01e box