1999 A6 2.7T Quattro Avant info please.

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
Hi there :)

I'm toying with the idea of going relatively sensible and getting the above car.

I've tried one locally and it's absolutely lovely.

Is it EXACTLY the same engine as my S4 but with a less aggressive map?

Is it possible to retro-fit the TV/Satnav thingamy as found in the S6 etc?

The one I tried has 108K miles, full local Audi sevice history, lovely condition, long MOT and tax etc,....................and can be mine for little over £3K. Is this a good price (even considering fuel prices and the economy).

Many thanks in advance :salute:

LOL yeah, monumental car for that money!!!

You sold that saloon yet brother? :)

nah still here mate , think i may as well just keep it now ! still it's not exactlya hardship !!

the map is for more torque less power I think for fuel economy and to shift the barge and it does shift well on this map from a standstill - endless changes you can make to it until it drives how you want though

mine is the same year, the centre console has a single DIN so not sure if an S6 unit would directly fit but , maybe if the double Din console from an s6 can be fitted ... sorry I can't be more help on the stereo part

thats a superb bargain I think the usual price is 4.5k-5.5k, have it you wont regret it - on the motorway before petrol prices went a bit mental it used to give 31mpg at 80mph, I think a couple more at lower speed...

the map is for more torque less power I think for fuel economy and to shift the barge and it does shift well on this map from a standstill - endless changes you can make to it until it drives how you want though

mine is the same year, the centre console has a single DIN so not sure if an S6 unit would directly fit but , maybe if the double Din console from an s6 can be fitted ... sorry I can't be more help on the stereo part

thats a superb bargain I think the usual price is 4.5k-5.5k, have it you wont regret it - on the motorway before petrol prices went a bit mental it used to give 31mpg at 80mph, I think a couple more at lower speed...

Cheers chap :)

I bought it a week ago for the princely sum of £3K, and have done about 400 miles in it (camping trip to Devon). Great car!!!!!

With all the masses of luggage and camping equipment, roof bars and large roofbox, it averaged 25mpg for the 150 mile run to Devon (including lots of hills and some 90mph blasts. Overall including excursions and so on it averaged around 22mpg.

Just needs a fresh set of number plates and a set of S6 or RS6 alloys to make it look a bit fatter really.

The people had it valeted for me, but the engine bay could do with a scrub.

HUUUUUGE REAR LEGROOM AT LAST!!!! lol

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

make a trip over to audisrs.com or rs246.com, the 2.7t is popular there, but unfortunately a6's are few whatever forum you go

thats a real bargain for 3k,the standard wheels are much grippier than 18''s on these it makes use of the tyre flex in the deeper tyres cos it is a bit lardy. always better to have a dirty engine bay when you buy too atleast you can see any problems!

mines volcano black type colour saloon, the leg room is fantastic in their much better than the b5...

very nice cars

yes they are s4 lumps just mapped slightly different but with the huge bonus of leg room and boot.

a friend has one that swoped engine out did a few mods included hybrid turbos and front mounted intercooler and say hello to 500bhp :D does 1/4 in 12.9 just the clutch letting it down.

i still managed 28mpg out of it this weekend. Reason being on the Ko3 lumps like yours and mine your boosting basically all the time so means you drink more fuel. once you go to k04's you dont use the turbo that much to cruise so means less fueling better mpg

off course that goes out of the window the min you floor it but its down to self control

pics of his car
DSC_9490-vi.jpg

45copy-1.jpg

DSCF4978.jpg

DSCF4977.jpg

Oooooh that looks sexy!!!

Sounds like he has more than just K04's nd a FMIC to get stats like that though lol

I'll guess that's a manual too?

Did he cut the shapes out of the rear parking valance to take the pipes, or is there an Audi that fits?

sadly at the mo its k04's hybrids rs6 turbo might end up on there very soon

FMIC N/A heads and RS4 bottom end and cams, also fuel pump injectors and a MRC remap.

yep its manual with RS4 clutch

Also its the later style trim from 2002 onwards A6. I think anything quattro had showing exhaust tips so they all had that tirm. Think you need to get teh lower part fo the bumper.

sadly at the mo its k04's hybrids rs6 turbo might end up on there very soon

FMIC N/A heads and RS4 bottom end and cams, also fuel pump injectors and a MRC remap.

yep its manual with RS4 clutch

Also its the later style trim from 2002 onwards A6. I think anything quattro had showing exhaust tips so they all had that tirm. Think you need to get teh lower part fo the bumper.

Yeah see I could do all that to my S4, but I wouldn't do a conversion to my Tiptronic I don't think. Don't know whether the characteristics and strength of the box would be up to it.

If the turbos died on this I'd just sell the rest of the car off in pieces, and I wouldn't spend £5K to gain a few mpg lol

I don't mind 22-25 mpg day to day if the car owes me just £3K all in :o.k: