1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

190PS Stage 1 tune Dyno

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Feb 13, 2018

1. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Custom software for the B9 2.0TDI DETA

image (11).png

cuke2u and desertstorm like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. SimonAshley

SimonAshley Active Member

Any idea on what the 190TFSi is capable of?

4. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro TDi

A good improvement across the whole rev range, I bet the owner will be pleased with the way that drives now.

5. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

The TFSi will be 250 plus!

SimonAshley likes this.
  6. DohNut

DohNut Well-Known Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Food for thought. What’s the cost for something like this?

7. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

£400 including all Dyno time.

Rick

8. Mike.

Mike. Member Team Sepang Audi S3 Manual

Does the 2.0 tfsi 190 require the stronic map to manage that power? What other mods would help also? Eg, intercooler or an intake? Thanks @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

9. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

10. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

No, S-Tronic is fine on that.

Rick

11. Marky007

Marky007 A4 Sline Team Silver saloon Audi A4 TDi S-line owners group Manual

Hi rick you got a bhp figure for my 2.0 tdi 143bhp b8.5 2012 please and cost you were reccommend to me as your in north east thanks

Mark

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

Hi Rick
    Would you be able to remap the B9 Avant 2.0 TFSI 190PS where the main purpose is to get better fuel economy rather than power? If so, do you have any idea of what the MPG gains would be? I'm guessing the power would still increase? Otherwise if there's only 1 type of remap you do for this engine, would the fuel economy remain the same or not?

14. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

The 143 is a tuned 120 engine, so the gains aren't as large as on some other engines, but it will do over 170bhp and a good shove of extra torque.

Rick

Marky007 likes this.
  15. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

In short, no. Economy cannot be improved on a modern Petrol engine in he same way it can a diesel. You may get a very slight gain but it isn't worth it if that is your sole goal. A remap to increase the performance will have no effect on economy in the long term. At first you will be using more fuel as you will be "testing" the new power...

Rick

psychopomp1 likes this.
  16. psychopomp1

Thanks Rick. Sorry just one more question: when the car is brand new, do you recommend the engine is "loosened" up a bit (2000 miles?) before remapping it or does it not make any difference?

Cheers

17. cuke2u

Improved mpg can be achieved though, if you're not testing the increase in performance. As the torque is increased then the car can be driven more lazily thus using higher gears at a lower engine rpm.
    I have had a few remaps and one tuning box in the past and it isn't just about a increase in torque and power but the manner in which they are delivered over the rpm range. Turbo engines these days seem to be tuned to produce maximum torque quite low down in the rev range and the engine seemingly running out of 'puff'. Where as a remap can make the delivery more linear...

psychopomp1 likes this.
  18. Marky007

Marky007 A4 Sline Team Silver saloon Audi A4 TDi S-line owners group Manual

What sort of cost is this remap and were are you located THANKS.MARK

19. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Hi Mark,

£350 including all Dyno time, we are in Stockport.

Rick

20. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

I would give it 1000 miles.

Rick

psychopomp1 likes this.
  21. syed123

syed123 Active Member

Anything for the 272 v6 tdi?

22. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Nothing yet, different ECU. Possibly Autumn Time.

Rick

And1 likes this.
  23. cuke2u

24. And1

And1 Member

Celtic tuning have a remap on there website for the 3.0tdi 272ps

25. psychopomp1

Sorry Rick, yet another question: are you able to make your remaps TD1 code free, so that there is no way the Audi dealership can find out the car's been remapped? I believe the Audi warranty is no longer honoured once they see the TD1 code on their diagnostic equipment.

Cheers.

26. cuke2u

psychopomp1 likes this.
  27. craigomills

craigomills Member Team Ibis Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro TDi S tronic

28. cuke2u

There have been some claims floating around the 'tinternet that they can but in my experience of them I haven't seen any evidence that dealerships have discovered a tuning box has been fitted and marked it as a TB1. I have read no reports that they have in any forums from owners either.
    If a dealership does suspect one has been used I doubt very much if they would have the tools to find out.
    https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/14365-td1-tg1-te1-and-tb1-flags/

29. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

TD1 is always a possibility on both remaps and tuning boxes. With the MD1 based ECU on the 3.0 it has a lot of diagnostic capability to pick these up. Also, the power and torque gains are vastly inflated in my experience of doing before and after run with tuning boxes.

Rick