19 or 18 inch bbs lm's?

barnzy

Reaction score
What you all think? I have abit of cash but cant decide on the size. Any other ideas would be greatful, got about 600-700 to spend not including tyres.
Louis :ninja:

Yes i do like your thinking but a customer said they would look pants that big.... What othe good euro style rims are there and what offset. Et38?

Yes i do like your thinking but a customer said they would look pants that big.... What othe good euro style rims are there and what offset. Et38?

Your customer is clearly blind and doesnt have a clue what he or she talking about lol.
VMR - 19" VMR710 ALLOY WHEELS VW GOLF MK5 6 AUDI TT A3 A4 BBS on eBay (end time 22-Jan-11 14:18:41 GMT)

BBS CH - 19" SILVER BBS CH DESIGN ALLOY WHEELS FIT AUDI 5x112 on eBay (end time 13-Jan-11 11:21:14 GMT)

18" BBS CH STYE ALLOY WHEELS VW Mk5 GOLF AUDI TT 5-112 on eBay (end time 12-Jan-11 09:32:37 GMT)

BBS CK just have to check they have our et and offset 18" HB BBS CH STYLE ALLOYS 1/3 SERIES BMW E36 E46 Z3 Z4 on eBay (end time 18-Jan-11 10:04:49 GMT)

BBS Speedlines reps or hold out for a set of genuine ones
just check ebay, pistonheads or wheelwhores or just ask Nate username N8 to find you a set of alloys:huh::laugh:
He is the man when it comes to alloys, tyre, et and offset etc

p.s im sh*t with et and offset i normally ask the other guys lol

19 for looks or 18 for performance.

couldnt agree more, really depends on how you want to take your car... and also what are the road like where you live
18's for performance & comfort as you can run a bigger sidewall, so more 'give'
19's for looks, but you loose on comfort, a bit

someone read the Rimz thread! haha i asked the same question yesterday and posted up some pictures

19's in lm without a shadow of a doubt.if u want 18's i'd get something different.

wow thanks BENSKIN07! i do like the VMR'S :p I did have a look in the rims thread but its just too messy! Really it wants its own sub-forum so you can see separate threads and opinions instead of it all crammed together with no descriptions :/ (not slating the tread just an opinion :S )
Thanks for your help everyone... i am going to be looking at some VMR's and LM's i can have more than one set of shoes for my car cant i?....? the girlfriend gets mass amounts of shoes :p lol
Barnzy

if money is no object yeah you can , im going for 18" lm reps or ch's i cant afford 19's yet but when i do im going to buy some 19" genuine bbs ck's they are awseome looking wheels but expensive lol

Why do peeps on here keep putting reps on their 10k plus cars!!
It's like dressing Cheryl Cole in asda George undies lol

Keep saving and buy some genuine ones ;)

Saying that the kinda rims I want are like 1k+ then there's suspension, dpf delete and an uprated clutch as well as upgrading the sub ect!!!

Costs loads :(

it all amounts up doesn't it lol at the mo ive only got around 500 ish to spend on new wheels so reps for me

it all amounts up doesn't it lol at the mo ive only got around 500 ish to spend on new wheels so reps for me

Yeah I look at it as a percentage of the cars worth. My car is worth probably 8k max so i'm not going to spend 15% of its value on some wheels!

However look at ED38 and some guys have 2k worth of wheels on a car worth 1.5k! Crazy world But then wife+kids+mortage = reduced spending power so you have to weigh things up! New bathroom or new wheels? errrr Mrs has got her way this time!

lol! hmmm i should think she will say a new bathroom :p well there is one upside.... you have a fresh new bathroom to wash your grubby mits after working on your car :p
Thanks N8 but im got a big fan of the s8 wheels, i like big face wheels.... i was looking at the merc amg wheels but they are in excess of £1300!
I can stretch on the wheels im not too fussed i just wanted to allow myself a budget and get it looking 'less standard' for the summer

I have been spending abit more on audio thou! But i am a little stuck :S ill make a search and if that fails then ill make a new thread for that question :)

Ok so im not fussed about tyres any way guys i get them cheap enough :p

Yeah I look at it as a percentage of the cars worth. My car is worth probably 8k max so i'm not going to spend 15% of its value on some wheels!

However look at ED38 and some guys have 2k worth of wheels on a car worth 1.5k! Crazy world But then wife+kids+mortage = reduced spending power so you have to weigh things up! New bathroom or new wheels? errrr Mrs has got her way this time!
lol they always do in the end mate one way or another haha

I've just got an S3 which comes with 18s which were fine - however - just fitted some 19s and they sit lush in the arches. PM if you like I've got a set of each I'd probably sell. Mine werent LMS for the record - sorry!

Last edited:
yea i know about the reps, would love some genuine ones tho as a friend had them on him beemer, and they were stunning!!!
but as long as you can find a very good quality rep then i dont have a problem with that...and id personally prefer not to spend 10-12% of the value of my car on a set of wheels lol

lol i know what you mean mate i saw some on a skyline gtr r33 i nearly had a little accident , i was on the bbs website having a look at them in detail and they use titanium bolts and forged spokes so will be stupidly expensive i think i would think for 19" without tyres well over £1800 maybe more

the real ones are seriously built wheels, but you pay for that
thats just my point, thats a silly amount of money for wheels, the performance work i could do to my car for that (allow at least £6-800 for rubber) would be staggering, so just cant justify it, that and i would die if i curbed them!

agree with jungle man, if i was to ***** out £1600, plus tyres and every so slighty nick the kurb... firstly id have a few choice words to say...go out and probs take it out on a poor defenseless pebble lol! Not to say my car is for everyday use and if some little ****** gets jealous god knows what will happen...

The E-class ones with the big face ill find a pic and post it up in a bit. Was going to get them fully refurbed (if kurbed and chunks missing) or get it chrome dipped :p I love shiney wheels that i can polish all day if i could.. i am a clean freak!

Guys if you have any other euro rims please just post them up i want more ideas..... im feeling that LM's are too popular? I might get the Teddy Bear Rims? :p

lol, yeah crying is a good option... So im not feeling the LM's anymore unless they are genuine :( anyone else got any other wheel ideas?

they look really nice! Im liking them alot, but im feeling abit more of a 'face' big with not much caliper view

hummm not keen on the curve of the face, prefer the flat face of the normal LM's