19" Gallardo wheels for swops!!

scott_johnson

Reaction score
Hey all. Im looking to put my car back to OEM if any body would be interested for swopping my 19" gallardo reps for something like 18" RSTT's and cash my way

Just testing the water!!

cheers guys

WTF your car look super-cool with the lambos!! Whats wrong with you?

kinda over the top for my liking and eventually gunna sort the handling out so 19s aint gunna help!! lol. If no ones interested then theyll just stay on for now ;)

They look mint, just fancy goin function rather than posing!!

Hows the type r any way??

Lol havent got it yet, Waiting till im 21 in november! I dont think Third-Party on a 200BHP car is good enough, Waiting till i can get fully comp!

I don't think anybody would swap genuine RSTTs for the gallardo reps and money your way. The RSTTs are worth at least the same as your wheels if not more.

I did think that to be fair j4jon. It would be on an individual basis depending on condition of rims / tyres! I forgot to mention my rims are mint with nearly new tyres!!

Ill swop u for ya porsche wheels jojo!! lol. Jimmeh, tempting offer but i dont think theyll fit with my callipers!! lol.

Id consider 17" Avus and £450 for the gallardos! i sold my old 17s for £150 so i think thats fair?? Think the gallardos retail at £500 new without tyres so it would be a £900 package with tyres!

Scott your mad, what are you playing at? keep the wheels, they look killer, dont swap them until you've changed your shocks and springs, get some Arbs and you'll realise that a few inches doesnt make all that difference! ive got 19s, half set up and i can manage, why not look good and drive hard u nutcase.

Dont be silly!

lol. I may just get some sticky rubber on em and sit it on H&R's!! its my bday next month so i think springs will be on the top of my list!!! :thumbsup:

Ill swop u for ya porsche wheels jojo!! lol. Jimmeh, tempting offer but i dont think theyll fit with my callipers!! lol.

Id consider 17" Avus and £450 for the gallardos! i sold my old 17s for £150 so i think thats fair?? Think the gallardos retail at £500 new without tyres so it would be a £900 package with tyres!

Ooh, tempting, but no, the porkers are staying for now. :yes:

You only got £150 for your Avus rims? Someone got a bargain then!

yeh ive seen them between 150 - 250. the tyres did need replacing soon though!! And i dont blame ya jojo, the porkers look mint, plus every man and there dog dont have them! lol.

Been looking at a few other rims i fancy

*bbs ch's prob in an 18 as there lighter
* 18" speedlines
* Lm's but dont think theyd clear the callipers
* genuine 180sport tt wheels

If all else fails, i fancy an r32 golf!! whats every 1s opinion on them?? (golf that is)

I take it you are on about a Mk4 R32? Remapped S3 is quicker in a straight line but need money spent on suspension to keep up in the twisties, get an R32 and then supercharge it!

In standard form the R32 is miles better than the S3. You won't get insured on one for under £2k at your age though Scott.

In standard form the R32 is miles better than the S3. You won't get insured on one for under £2k at your age though Scott.

and you wouldn't be biased at all would you golf

keep the gallardos Scott,its different

you can have my 18"s for those bad boys!! iv always loved your wheels!!

i think the r32 is just a big round thing that doesnt really move :gun2:

The turbo charged R32 at inters was insane. One of my favourite cars of the day, ****** quick!

Golf, insurance isnt really a problem as its through my dad, plus there the same insurance group (17 i believe) so shouldnt be too much of a difference!! (i hope) lol.
Was looking at prices of the golfs and you dont half get a cracker for your money. Seen some 2 years newer then mine (2003) with 50,000 miles for just over 10 grand!!

Jojo, funny you mention the supercharger, was looking on VF Engineerings website and the stage 2 kit works out at about of 3.5g's. Considering a big turbo conversion for the s3 is more than that i dont think its bad. Plus the noise of a whining charger and a v6 is untouchable!! and its 350bhp @ low boost!! lol.

In all honesty the s3's starting to bore me, as much as i like it, theres just something about it that dosent excite me any more!! Im sure Golf, you no what i mean as you upgraded to the r32... Was it the right move??

Scott, the R32 is group 18 and is a favourite for car thieves and chancers, so expect the premium to be a little more. It's not too bad for me, as I'm approaching 22 in the next few months and Iv'e got 0 points and 3 years NCB.

In standard form the R32 handles better, is quicker and sounds like a proper car should. Don't get me wrong my S3 wasn't a bad car, I just found it to be a bit dull and lifeless, the R32 has a lot more character and is a limited edition car and will be a future classic I'm sure. The seats in the R32 are excellent, the driving position and steering wheel is perfect for me and it's well specced and comfortable enough. The xenons on this are infinitely better than the jobbies on my S3 for some reason too.

It does have a very firm ride though, which can get ****** tiresome and the exhaust can be droney between 2000-3000 RPM. Also do NOT try and run this car on a budget, it's very expensive to run. A full tank of 99 will get you 220 miles in town and that's normal driving, screw it and you'll go into single figures for MPG. Mine has already had two new tyres, brake pads all round, full service, bushes, new wiper linkage, new steering pump and a few other bits just to get it running properly.

If you've seen some for £10,000 then that's a bargain seeing as though even the high milers fetched over £10k when I bought mine.

Take one for a test drive and see what you think, they aren't cheap to get gains out of, £1000 will give you little more than 265bhp, but it's a completely different animal to the S3 so you might not like it. Get yourself over to r32oc.com, that should keep you busy for a while matey :racer:

I wouldn't call the R32 a limited edition car - Good luck finding a new motor Scott. Have you had much interest in your motor?

i could be interested mate, ive got 17" sportquattro alloys with excellent tyres all round. what dya think??
sorry mate, mine is an 8p so wont fit, should have checked.

I wouldn't call the R32 a limited edition car - Good luck finding a new motor Scott. Have you had much interest in your motor?

The MK4 R32 was a limited edition, the MK5 R32 is just a regular Golf which can be ordered any time, whereas the MK4 came out in 2003 for a limited time:

Diamond Black Pearl Effect = 755
Reflex Silver Metallic = 615
Deep Blue Pearl Effect = 813
Moonlight Blue Pearl Effect = 57
Tornado Red = 44
Indigo Blue Pearl Effect = 76
Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect = 31

Total = 2391 UK supplied R32's

Scott, at the moment I've kept the car standard as I never keep a car long enough to modify it. I've added a quick mod which makes the exhaust a bit more throaty at speeds under 40mph but that's about it really.

If you take one for a test drive I guarantee you'll be swayed so get ready to say goodbye to your S3! I was going to chuck a lot of money at my S3 to make it a bit more sprightly, but ended up going for a test drive in the R32 and left with a nice hole in my pocket!

Scott - I would say if your bored with a Revo'd S3 you'd soon get bored of an R32. No offence to Golf but the MK4 R32 isn't that much more exciting to drive than an S3. Its just different because of the V6 engine. I tried an R32 when they first came out, and decided to stick with the S3. They are nice cars and maybe you will prefer the power delivery of a V6 NA, but if its handling and involvement you're after you will be disappointed. I'm assuming they will be in the worst tax bracket, have poor mpg etc. so can't see the point myself.

Re your original post have to agree 19" wheels are just bling value. Had a set of 19" RS4's when I first bought my car, and I'll never forget the drive after having a set of 18" alloys fitted....the ride quality and steering feel was massively better. I intend sorting my suspension out as per Ess_three's threads and hoping this will keep me interested in my S3 again (back from the dark side of Evo ownership).

Golf, you know ur **** about R32s..:respekt:

No offence to any of you, personally i think the bodykit is abit over the top, along with the seats, although comfortable.

Mk4 golfs are soo common (i can say this as i have one) and with so many replica kits running about i think although a limited edition you see them everywhere usually with a 1.4 engine and some 17 yr old racing around with an induction kit on, you can only thank ebay for ruining the limited status of this car and replacing it with a "boy-racer" or sometimes "mid-life crisis" look. Just my opinion, sorry if I offend, not intentional.

I have to agree with the comments on sound of the V6 it does sound tough and it launches well. Loved watching them at inters, really impressive.

Also agree with what was said about a car that likes to be stolen, ive got a mate who buys ringers all the time he's had 3 different R32s, another one of my m8s actually got his stolen off his driveway but got it back that week thanks to a facebook group (spotted in reading 3 days later)

So if you do go for it just get a cat 1 and watch where you leave your keys! And stick a turbo on it, you should have seen the cars that wer at inters.. ****** quick off the mark.

I think if i was ever to own one, id be tempted to get some smoothed Gti bumpers and run it as a sleeper. It is a nice kit dont get me wrong and i think its the best kit on a Mk 4, just see it everywhere and mostly not on R32s.

You make a good point Leon, I suppose it's all down to the individuals tastes regarding the dynamics of the car. The R32 is not mind blowing to drive by any stretch of the imagination I've driven a few M3's (E46) and they are far superior to drive in every way, but the R32 is a fair bit more sporting than the S3. But if it's total driver involvement you're after I'd best stay away from the entire VAG group.

Shy, that's what I hate; the Golf is so common it's not funny. Everywhere you go you see 1.4's or SDI's with replica RS4's and cheap bodykits and it's putting me off the R32 a little bit if I'm honest. I suppose the OTT nature of the MK4 R32 is one of it's selling points, I personally don't think it's too much, but I can see why others might deem it a bit garish. I test drove a 350Z the other day, but it just seemed a little too Tokyo Drift for my liking, and the BMW M3 is driven exclusively by Asian yardies in my area and I'm not quite a yardie yet, so I think I'll keep the R32 for a little while longer.

Scott, it's entirely up to you, but take a test drive in one and see if you like it.

Glad you see where im coming from Golf...

I test drove a 350Z the other day, but it just seemed a little too Tokyo Drift for my liking

lol, its a nice car to drive tho, love the rev range and the sound it makes in the higher revs. Im just a sucker for the jap cars tho, even tho there not that pretty i love those engines they produce.

BMW M3 is driven exclusively by Asian yardies in my area

lol so so true, grew up with this kinda lot and even they think its just too much now... asian yardies and people who cant drive them, and i really dont think they're that great. Overhyped and probably just as common as the Golf. No offence to anyone!

You can get alot of car for 10g, check the jap scene out, get something for 6-7 and spend some money tuning it if you want to get off the posing look and want to buy a drivers car.

Did I hear someone suggest an Evo 8? And there was me calling the R32 kit too much.. hypocrit.:whistle2:

Cheers for the feedback guys!! Golf, whats the tax bracket for the r32??

Unfortunately aky, ive had no particular luck with my s3... Had a few part ex offers (320 convertible on bbs lm's which looked stunning, just under powerd for my liking!!)

Leon your probably right about getting board with an r32. Ive had 8 cars since ive started driving and that was only 2 years ago!! lol. Untill i can afford a veyron ill still be changing my motor for summat quicker each time!!

Russboy, you got gallardo rims with a porsche brake set up?? and i aint registered with ed38 but will try later!! saw a supercharged one on pistonheads (and a turbo one @ 419 bhp!!)

If i get chance, ill be taking that black r32 out on sat so ill give you my opinion!! The reason i was swayed to one was because i was watching some vids on you tube with r32's with millteks!! OMG do they sound good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnCxMY6MKBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrQ0nq9XlaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWiexDXjBFQ

Cheers for the feedback guys!! Golf, whats the tax bracket for the r32??

Unfortunately aky, ive had no particular luck with my s3... Had a few part ex offers (320 convertible on bbs lm's which looked stunning, just under powerd for my liking!!)

Leon your probably right about getting board with an r32. Ive had 8 cars since ive started driving and that was only 2 years ago!! lol. Untill i can afford a veyron ill still be changing my motor for summat quicker each time!!

Russboy, you got gallardo rims with a porsche brake set up?? and i aint registered with ed38 but will try later!! saw a supercharged one on pistonheads (and a turbo one @ 419 bhp!!)

If i get chance, ill be taking that black r32 out on sat so ill give you my opinion!! The reason i was swayed to one was because i was watching some vids on you tube with r32's with millteks!! OMG do they sound good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnCxMY6MKBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrQ0nq9XlaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWiexDXjBFQ

Got the Gallardos, but just painted calipers and EBC (iirc) stuff alround.

Details of that R32 on E38:

Mk4 R32 Golf with VF Engineering Stage 2 supercharger kit

Genuine car in good condition over £10,000 spent with receipts to prove, Cleaned and polished weekly, Just had full Service.

12 months MOT and 10 months TAX

Spec:

Engine: R32 stage 2 VF engineering supercharger kit with Vf Belt tensioner and Giac management, front mounted intercooler, and polished charger still with warranty, with full Miltek exhaust system including manifolds and high-flow sports cats.

Stage 1 includes:-

• GIAC custom tuned stage 1 & 2 software
• RPM limiter increased to 7000 rpm
• Soft rev limiters completely removed
• Increased SC pulley belt wrap
• Additional billet idler pulley bracket for stage 2
• Bosch OEM pressure relief bypass systems
• 6061 Billet aluminum CNC bracketry
• 4 ply silicon couplers with OEM screw clamps
• Army-Navy swivel fittings with high pressure OEM oil lines
• Proprietary Gates OEM serpentine belt

Power = 320bhp and 300ft/lb of torque

Stage 2 includes:-

Stage 2 upgrade from stage 1 with high flow front mount air/air intercooler with increased boost pressure of 6.2 psi

This will enable your R32 to produce 350bhp and 275 ft/lb of torque

Suspension: KW Variant 2 fitted all round.

Brakes: Brand new Discs and pads on the rear and pads on the front

Wheels/Tyres Standard 18" alloys with Dunlop sp's with around 4-5mm tread all round

Bodywork: Standard bodywork

Interior: Heated konig leather seats, climate control, Sat Nav and Parrot Bluetooth handsfree kit.

Genuine reason for sale.

Any questions please feel free to ask

Price: 14,450 but all sensible offers will be considered

Email: Burrell48@hotmail.com

Phone: 07727664250

IMG_4170_RT_SML.jpg

Yeh seen that before. Think thats one of the ones on piston heads!! dont think im keen on the 4 door but im sure the charger would make up for that ;)

lovely piece of kit there. love it. swapsies for a remaped s3 lol!!

That supercharged R32 is a bargain, the guy will probably take a little less than that as well as he's after a quick sale because he's going abroad.

You can get alot of car for 10g, check the jap scene out, get something for 6-7 and spend some money tuning it if you want to get off the posing look and want to buy a drivers car.

Did I hear someone suggest an Evo 8? And there was me calling the R32 kit too much.. hypocrit.:whistle2:

I detest the whole Jap scene thingy, can't stand those types of cars and the stigma that's attached to it. Seems very chavvy to me with the OTT dump valves and racing stripes. Also everytime I'm blinded by 12,000k purple xenons in a halogen setup it's guaranteed to be driven by some tosser in a Skyline.

I know the Evo's and what not are phenomenal cars, but I'd personally never get one unless it was an absolute bargain that I could make some money on. Insurance would be a nightmare too, everyone I know who has an Evo has them on the dodgy traders insurance.

It's incredible that Mitsubishi have managed to get so much power from the 2.0, 4 cylinder but it's not for me. I did quite like the S2000's though, but it's a little impractical for me. I can see myself getting swayed toward the M3, I'm pretty certain that my next car will be an E46 M3.

Golf, whats the tax bracket for the r32??

It's in band F I think, it comes to around £210 for a year which isn't too bad. That one you're going to see from Carlton Prestige is a bargain, that colour is very, very rare. It's Moonlight blue, and looks stunning. Also the Milltek non resonated exhausts sound wonderful on the R32's, but even in standard form the exhaust is nice.